Realization

Can POV

Sitting on the sofa, I recall all of Sanem's words this morning;

"Do you ever care to see what I want? Even on the smallest things! Do you? No, you don't!! I do everything what you like because I want to see you happy but do you see your behavior if even once I deny you something?! Its like I can't even say no! Then when I want something my way and you don't like it, you behave like your doing a huge favour on me??! Then do you realize how you speak to me at times Can!? Do you know how you treat me?!"

" I have tried Can, but the only answer I get back is I am making an unnecessary issue! So I simply stop telling you! What's the use of saying when you can't understand or should I say don't want to understand!! You know what I am sorry, I am really sorry that I even bothered to even try to talk yesterday, because I don't even think you what to know what I feel."

Sanem's words hit me hard!! Her words filled with hurt, and eyes expressing pain. The thing which hits me most is that its me who is the cause of her pain and hurt. Closing my eyes I recall her words, but why can't Sanem just forgive and forget it! I am a human and I make mistakes!! I look over the birth control pill on the table, I'm double mind about what to do, the more sensible me says, tell Sanem right now I'm sorry and make her take the pill but the stubborn me says No! I'm right! I'm yet trying to sense the doorbell rings. Dragging my feet to the door I open it to see Huma mom standing there with a huge smile on her face!

* Huma is good in this book. Though Can & she are not in loving normal mother & son relationship but they are cordial. She has a good friendship with Sanem & Leyla, and all the others. And a loving grandmom!

Ah Can, son, how are you my boy! Where is Sanemcim? And my grandkids? Well I spoke to butterfly (Ates) , 2 days back and she told me that this time she wants a shoe with heels like Leyla's but I totally object as she is too little for heels don't you think; Mom said walking inside after hugging me and direct into the kitchen.

I told Sanemcim that I'm going to treat us ladies to a great holiday! Mom was super cheerful

Holiday? I ask confused

Yup, my little, only us ladies, Sanem, Leyla, Mevkibe, Mirhban, my gorgeous granddaughters and me. Didn't Sanem tell you? No problem, dear, its was just my last minute plan. So she mustn't have thought I was serious; Mom was busy stuffing the fridge with the sweets she got the kids.

Where is Sanem? And why are you looking so tensed? Mom asked actually looking over at me confused

Nothing! I reply

That probably means there is something! What's wrong, is everything OK? Mom looked worried

I said nothing, mom! I say irritated

Where is Sanem, kids? Mom asked

Kids are at Emre's and Sanem is sleeping upstairs. OK got your answer! I say making my way to the back garden.

Did something happen, dear? Is Sanem not feeling well? Mom asks again

Mom! Everything is  OK, okay!! I snap

Why are you irritated, I am concerned dear; Mom said and I lost my nerve

Everything is OK!!!!!! Why are you women so complicated!!?? Can't you all just live without complications!!! I shout

Excuse me!!!! We "woman" aren't complicated dear, its just that you "men" never really want to care to understand us, and the lame excuse you men give is that we are "complicated "!!! I took offense, Can!!! Now sit down and tell me straight what's wrong! Have you fought with Sanem? Mom spoke in a harsh tone