5

By the time she got home, Lila felt numb. Her entire walk had consisted her trying to convince herself that this was all just a dream. Maybe it was a pity dinner. Or maybe it was a dare and he was going to go back and make fun of her with Yeosang.

But if it wasn't real then why did her heart hurt so much?

Images of Wooyoung's smile flashed through her mind as she stumbled to the bathroom. Her mind was gone. She didn't even fully recognize where she was or what she was doing.

It had been a long time since she had gone this deep.

Voice started to echo in her mind.

She could hear her boss saying she was a waste of his time.

A man's voice saying she was a burden.

A woman's voice, one that pulled her in, saying she was a mistake and a waste of space.

Lila's hands shook as she yanked open a drawer. She needed this pain to stop. So her body took over, pushing her to a release she hadn't needed in almost five years...

The sunlight lit up her room, causing her to groan when she finally started to stir.

She felt like shit. It was a good thing she didn't need to go into the office today. But she did need to work on her article. Her boss would be expecting it first thing the next day knowing him. He never cared about deadlines.

Opening her eyes slowly, Lila stretched and yawned. She had the overwhelming urge to just stay in bed and not leave it ever again, but something caught her eye that made her sit up.

It all came flooding back to her as she stared at the cuts on her wrists. She couldn't even remember doing it, but the proof was right there. She had finally spiraled low enough...

A numb feeling started to creep over her as she got up to get her first aid kit. She knew better than to leave them untended for long.

Once she had bandages wrapped around her wrists, she pulled out her computer and started translating her notes from the interview.

With the state of mind she was in, see Wooyoung's name and hearing his voice had no effect on her. She put all her focus into using her talent to spin words. This would be the best damn article in the next issue, she was determined to prove her boss wrong.

Lila worked non-stop through lunch. Her phone went off several times that morning, but she just ignored it.

She had just put the finishing touches on her work and saved it to her flash drive when someone pounded on her door several times. Lila jumped and stared at it with wide eyes, placing a hand over her racing heart.

Then she heard a key and the door flew open.

San came bursting inside and his eyes immediately locked on hers. "Where the hell have you been?!" He asked, rushing over to her.

Lila pulled the sleeves of her shirt down quickly. "I've been here all day. Why?"

"I've been trying to get ahold of you." He suddenly looked upset as he glanced down at her phone, laying discarded on the bed. "Really?" He crossed his arms and glared at her.

"Sorry, Sannie. I was working on my article for work." Lila said truthfully, motioning to her laptop.

His eyes suddenly lit up and she knew all was forgiven. "Can I read it?"

"I supposed. Are you still mad at me?" She said with a smirk.

"No." San pulled the laptop to him and started to read.