40

Wooyoung turned into a nervous wreck as he waited to hear from the police to contact him over the next few days.

They had only managed to get a general location of where Lila could be, not the exact house, so they were setting up surveillance in several different spots to be on the lookout for either Nate or Lila.

Nate hadn't shown any sign that he knew the police would be on the other end, but he had said just enough that the police knew they needed to take action.

The way he spoke about Lila... It was chilling for Wooyoung to hear it first hand.

San had made it home ok and Yeosang had brought him to Seonghwa's immediately. He filled them in on what Hongjoong had said about getting a doctor that they trust to perform a test on Rachel, and that Hongjoong would fly out to do it if need be.

Wooyoung had called Roger, who said he was already two steps ahead and Yunho was already willing to perform the test. They just needed to get the court order first.

Meanwhile the news was still abuzz with the new 'pregnancy scandal' and while they didn't show the clip as promised, there were several discussions as to if Wooyoung really knew about the pregnancy or not. All attacks were against him... No one even thought that this could have come from Rachel's side.

It made him feel even worse about what happened... Rachel could do no wrong, and Wooyoung was the evil father-to-be who wanted nothing to do with the child and was denying that he was the father.

Rachel had even done a short interview with one of the local stations. Her words refused to leave Wooyoung's head... "Yeah, it is quite a shock. I mean, we had an amazing night together and for him to react like that hurts. I just want our baby to be happy and healthy. I know we had never discussed having kids, I mean, we had never even really put a label on our relationship before, but... I'm trying to do the right thing and give him some time to process. It's a big change for both of us. I'm ready. I just hope he will be soon so that we can go through this together."

Seonghwa turned off the tv. "Wooyoung, you don't need to be watching that." He said gently.

"I know... I can't help it though. I have nothing else to do Hwa. I'm tired of just sitting around and waiting for an update from someone."

"And you've run out of things to fix in my apartment." The other said with a teasing smile. They had never really talked about the work that Wooyoung had been doing, but he had seen the grateful look on Seonghwa's face when he saw any of the new changes. "I know it's hard, but Roger is working as hard as he can for you. Just give him a little more time. Would you like to come work in the kitchen with Jongho to give you something to do during the day?"

Wooyoung pursed his lips, then nodded. "That would be great, actually. Thanks Hwa."

.

.

.

.

Lila only left the bedroom to use the bathroom. Otherwise, she was locked in the bedroom. Nate would visit her several times a day, but she would always turn her back to him or pretend to be sleeping.

She kept waiting for something big to happen, or for Nate to try and take advantage of her. But except for a few small touches here and there, he seemed to control himself fairly well.

After he had found out about Wooyoung, Nate hadn't visited until late the following evening. He got upset when he saw that she hadn't touched the food he had left for her the previous day and practically forced her to eat the soup he had brought.

Not wanting to go through that again, she made sure to always eat at least something. He never got upset if she didn't finish a meal, so she took that as a plus.