Voldemort

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!" James shouted at his wife from the bottom of the stairs. A flash of green light the dark robed figure continued up the stairs. Tom Riddle, better known as Voldemort, entered the room. Lily pleaded desperately keeping herself between the intruder and the child.

"Not Harry, please no, take me, kill me instead..." She cried.

"This is my last warning..." Tom Riddle warned her, interested only in the baby boy in the crib behind the woman.

"Not Harry! Please... have mercy... have mercy... Not Harry! Not Harry! Please... I'll

do anything... " She begged and the Dark Lord refused.

"Avada Kedavra!" He shouted pointing his wand at Lily who fell, lifeless by the crib with her son. As Voldemort approached the crib and the little one year old boy in it he was stopped by a 3 year old girl who was pulling at his robes violently, doing her best to keep him away from the baby. Tom looked down, stunned at the girl's display of aggression and protection. Kicking her off his robes he held his wand to her throat in a threatening manner. "What is this? Another Potter? Wormtail never mentioned a daughter." He hissed to himself.

"Am not Potter!" The 3 year old Edelweiss shouted at him, despite the wand at her throat.

"Then what are you?" He questioned and the little girl glared.

"Pwince!" She yelled back causing Voldemort to lower his wand.

"A Prince living with Potters?" The Dark Lord, the worst dark wizard to ever live, looked confused.

"Daddy is my daddy. Mommy was Eiwa." She snapped at him, her teeth, or lack thereof, preventing her from speaking properly.

"So a pure blood Prince. Severus's niece. Perfect. You will stand by my side with your uncle in my new world." He said to himself, removing his wand from the girl's throat. He grabbed her arm and ripped up the sleeve as she struggled, kicking and clawing at him. "Curcio." He snapped, pointing his wand at the girl who screamed in pain.

"Ahhhh!" As she went limp, he placed a black skull with a snake emerging from its mouth, on her left forearm. Edelweiss's cry had scared the little boy who cried, returning Voldemort's attention to him.

"Avada Kedavra." He said, the curse hit the boy and rebounded, striking Tom in the chest and his body dissolved into black smoke. The boy whimpered in the crib, clutching at his forehead where a lightning bolt shaped cut now resided.

The sound of someone entering the house came from the first floor. Severus Snape climbed the stairs having found James dead on the stairs. Upon entering the bedroom he sobbed seeing Lily's body resting on the floor, just a few steps away from his niece.

"Edelweiss! Albus was right, Eira really did have Potter's daughter." He realized who the girl was. He carefully scooped the unconscious toddler up into his arms and apparated to his home. He laid her down on the couch, finally getting the chance to properly inspect her physical condition. His heart wrenched as he saw the Dark Mark tattooed onto her skin. "Oh no." He whispered to himself, his niece was now branded as a dark wizard whether she became one or not, she would be subject to all of the suspicion he went through having been a servant of the Dark Lord. "I will not let any harm come to you. I failed to protect my sister, to protect Lily. I will not fail again." Severus promised himself.