Chapter Eight: Boney Island Bash

Skylar's POV
I woke up and saw all the guys were already getting ready. I threw my covers off my bed and just sat there, waiting. I got up and ready then walked out and saw everyone with Chris, well everyone expect Beth...do I care, why would I? I saw. Bridgette shoot a glare at me and I sighed.....yeah my "terrible" personality was getting the best of me. I heard Chris start talking about the challenge and just sat there.

Was I paying attention...hell no, all I heard was some bullshit about a curse. Chris yelled go and we all ran down to the canoes. I was gonna ask if Bridgette wanted to go with me, but she was pulling Courtney towards the canoe. I then heard a cry of pain and I looked over and saw Gwen trying to kill Cody. I saw Geoff smiling a bit looking over and I looked at him. "Canoe buds?" I asked and he nodded. "D...he's gonna come with us too." He said and nodded.

I looked off at Courtney and Bridgette's they started paddling. I heard someone sigh and I looked over as Trent was staring at Cody and Gwen, Geoff was giving him a look. "Dude, she's not into you." I said and thinking at back...it made me sound jealous. I saw Bridgette glaring at me and Courtney shook her head in disappointment.

******CONFESSIONAL******

Skylar
"Okay....what did I do now?"

Bridgette
"He's could of told Trent in a nicer way...ugh Skylar." She smiles a bit "Skylar" blushes

Courtney
"Oh yeah Bridgette's head over heels for Skylar, completely getting her all dolled up not being able to focus on the competition. No way am I going to let some neanderthal get me like that."

Duncan
"What?"

*******

I was rowed up the stream with both DJ and Geoff, I heard Bridgette talking to Courtney, but didn't understand the context. I rolled my eyes and just kept to myself. Rowing by Cody and Gwen's boat I saw him attempting to ask her out and her ignoring him. He went to ask her again and she hit him with a paddle...harsh. Geoff looked off and I looked at him. "Do you like her too?" I asked and he looked at me. "What?" He asked and I looked at DJ and he looked at me. I then saw Geoff tilt the boat a bit and DJ started freaking out. Smart.

"Hey, chill big guy." I said and he looked at me. "I'm scared of water." He replies and I looked at him. "Yeah, I can tell, but see we're almost their, you just gotta get through a few more huge paddles." I said pointing the fog. He started to calm down and Geoff sat back. "The girls say you have no heart, that's not true." DJ said and I sighed. Of course they think that, it's makes sense. I sighed and started paddling towards the shore. "No you helped me, I can tell about how you helped me a bit." He said and I smiled a bit.

Once we got there I picked up the canoe with the guys. We started running towards the patches. The right looked easier and wider for the canoes. "I think we should go left." Courtney suggested and I looked at her. "It's narrower, we can't fit the boats, let's go left." I said and Courtney glared at me and Bridgette nodded. "I agree with Skylar." She said and I sighed as she even call me Sky...whoa, I mean...fuck it did hurt her a little when she called me that.

We started going down the right path. We made our way through the oath with no obstacles, other than Geoff faking and overrating to a spitter in his leg. We put in on top of DJ's boat and we all started going through the rest of the woods. We made it outside and the other team was already making a bonfire. We started getting sticks and putting them into a pile. I saw Duncan take out his lighter and started lighting the fire. As I walked I saw DJ talking to Brigette and they all looked at me.

"We need more wood!" Courtney yelled and I looked over and saw Harold grabbed the paddles. "Harold don't!" I yelled and he wasn't looking, but through the paddles into the fire. "You idiot, those were our way home!" I yelled and everyone stared at me. "Look at what he just did." He said and Duncan shook his head. All of a sudden there was a huge explosion of fire and we all looked at the other teams fire, and how big it was. I glared at Harold and he rubbed his arm, and our whole team glared at him.

"Now everyone back to the..looks like the Killer Bass, are going to do some actual swimming." He smirked and I stared at him. I shook my head and watched as the other team started paddling back to the island. Izzy looked at us, which seemed like she was about to mock us turned her into her helping us. Everyone started staking the canoes. "DJ! Push us!" Courtney yelled and I looked at her as she nodded to calm down.

"Courtney...chill he's scared of water, don't make him if he doesn't want to." I said and she glared at me. "Believe it or not Courtney, you don't scare me." I said and she rolled her eyes. I looked at DJ, and smiled while putting my hand on his shoulder. "Hey...if want, you can...well we would need, yo-." "I got this." He said cutting me off and we all looked at him as he kicking us through the lake.

The boat tipped a bit and I saw Bridgette always fall out and I grabbed, her saving her from from falling out. I held her and she hugged me. I smiled and there was a cough. We looked at Courtney was standing there. "Oh relax Courtney." Duncan said she glared at him and he put his hands up. The canoes hit the shore and we all watched, as Chris looked at us. "And some how the Killer Bass win!" Chris yelled and we all jumped up.

Bridgette hugged me and I hugged her back. We then noticed what we were doing and stopped. I smiled at her and she blushed and Courtney pulled her away. I gave Courtney a look and she smiled and nodded. "Nice" Duncan laughed putting his arm around me.

*****CONFESSIONAL*****

Bridgette
"Okay, I take back what I said, Sky's has the biggest heart ever."

Skylar
"As long as no one gets in my way...we'll be fine....like who would?"

Gwen
"I gave Cody my bra, to get him to stop bugging me, and to tell Trent to as well. I did not come here to make friends."

********

Well, there's chapter eight. I hope you all are enjoying, sorry for the delayed updates...I'll try harder to get them out quicker.