Chapter Nine

[Your POV]

I tossed and turned in the blankets sprawled on the floor. Despite the blankets being some of the most comfortable things I've ever laid my hands on, I couldn't sleep. I blinked, and sat up. Zelda and Urbosa were fast asleep, but Mipha's eyes were still open. "What is wrong, (Y/N)?" She asked, concerned.

"I can't sleep." I said. "I...uh...I need to use the bathroom." Mipha raised an eyebrow at me. "You know, uh...pee." I blushed in embarrassment.

She giggled. "Of course." She stood up and picked her trident off the wall. She pointed it at one of the windows. "Stand back, please." I stood a few feet behind her. Her weapon glowed and the window suddenly created a...water tunnel.

"Whoa..." I whispered. "Mipha, that was awesome!" She smiled sweetly.

"You should be able to walk through that. It will lead you up to the Domain. When you come back, it will close." She said, setting the trident against her bed. She laid down on the blankets with Zelda and Urbosa, closing her eyes. I smiled and took off my socks. I set my foot on the bottom of the tunnel, the water tickling the bottom of my foot. It felt so exciting! I walked through the tunnel, staring at the creatures swimming around me. The moon provided enough light for me to see, along with the lights scattered across Zora Domain.

The tunnel ended at the bottom of the ladder we had climbed down. I climbed up the ladder, feeling the fresh breeze across my face.

I was able to find the bathroom in no time. I had just retraced my steps from when that zora guard took me there to get changed. After using it, I was about to go back to Mipha's room when I heard a loud grunt. I was startled by the sound breaking the darkness. I speed walked - not jogging, because I might've slipped - towards the noise. Back by the waterfall, Revali was training...again.

After stepping off the bridge and onto the grass, I jogged for the waterfall. My feet became wet, but I didn't care. I came to a halt at the bottom of the waterfall, staring at Revali, who hadn't noticed me yet. His wings spread above the ground and I suddenly felt a huge gust of wind pull me forward. I let out a squeak as Revali pushed into the air while I landed on my hands and knees. The wind whipped my hair around wildly as the rito flew through the air in some sort of tornado looking thing.

'Revali's Gale!' I thought to myself. I sat up on my knees, staring in awe. But suddenly, he began flying uncontrollably. The tornado dispersed, making my face feel cold. Revali flew towards the ground, landing in a puddle patterned with flowers. I gasped. "R-Revali..." I tried to speak, but I was so shocked, the words didn't come out.

He pulled himself from the puddle with a grunt. He stood up with a struggle. "N-Not enough!" He said to himself. He went still and then turned to me. I stayed on my knees. The moonlight shined on him, making his eyes twinkle. He blinked and then smirked, showing no more signs of vulnerability. "What are you doing awake?"

"..." I slowly got to my feet, pressing my hands on my face to warm my cheeks. "Was that Revali's Gale?"

He raised an eyebrow and walked towards me. "Yes. How do you know about Revali's Gale?"

"Uh..." I said. "...Zelda told me. She thinks it's amazing."

"Sure." He said, looking away from me. "No one truly appreciates what I do. What I've spent my life doing."

"That's not true!" I said suddenly. His eyes went wide, but didn't move away from me. "I think...I think the things you do are amazing!" He stared at me. "Everything you do it...incredible..."

"...Do you..." He started, but seemed to have trouble saying what he did next. "Do you mean that?"

"Of course I do." I said, taking a step closer to him. I looked up at him, determination clear on my face. "Everything I said...I mean it." His eyes softened and the light of the moon fell over us, his shadow cast over me, making it hard to read the expressions on his face. "Revali, you're...you're amazing."

He seemed to make a small gasp, so quiet I almost couldn't hear it. "...You'd be the first." Revali said. "I apologize for being so vulnerable. Most people get this way when night rolls over. Their emotions show much more. I am sorry."

He was about to turn away, but I reached forward and gripped his wing, hopefully not hurting him. "Revali...I don't mind this side of you." I said.

"My weak side?" He asked. "I would usually say something like 'what weak side' or something like that. But I'm not really in the mood." He pulled his wing away from me, radiating sadness. He gave a sigh. "You should get some sleep. We have a long trip tomorrow."

"We..." I said. "Meaning you should get some sleep too."

He shook his head. "I must train." He said.

"Well..." I said, taking a seat on a nearby rock. "Guess I'm staying up too." He shot me a look. "I'm not going back to sleep until you do."

"Ugh." He said. "Fine. Let's go." Before I knew it, Revali and I were walking through the soft lighting of Zora Domain. He went one way while I went the other, climbing down the ladder. The tunnel was still there. I looked back up and heard Revali's footsteps as he walked away. I trust he'll go to bed, so I entered the tunnel.

When I got back to Mipha's room, the tunnel closed, the window sealing. I wanted to ask what kept the waters from caving into the room, but Mipha looked asleep, and I didn't wanna wake her. I laid down on the blankets between Mipha and Urbosa, closing my eyes.

The image of Revali's face floated into my mind. His sparkling eyes, his intimidating shadow, his snarky attitude. My cheeks heated up as I turned on my side, gripping the blanket. Revali was right, we had a long ride ahead of us tomorrow...