2:

When Marvin caught sight of Jessica Thompson, all he could do was grin.

It wasn't every day you coincidentally bumped into your first crush.

"Tommy hey."

Jessica smiled, causing his heart to do a little backflip. "Marvin hi, long time no see."

Did she get cuter  he thought as he stared into her baby blue eyes.

"Did you go to heaven and back because damn?"

Marvin smiled at Precious. "You haven't changed a bit."

Precious just laughed. "Come sit with us."

Marvin complied and sat in between Precious and Jessica.

"Trevor."

Marvin rolled his eyes at Chad. "I see you haven't changed either."

Chad just scoffed and looked out the window.

"So how was London?" Precious asked.

"It was okay, nothing special. I'm just glad to be back at Eastview."

"We're happy to hear that."

The bus came to a stop. "Okay kids we're at school."

Marvin who had only attended the middle school had never actually been in the high school building was in awe at how beautiful the school was.

The building towered over the other buildings in the area. The black gate, that was almost as tall as the building, intimidated Marvin.  

"Wow this school is amazing."

"Not the inside," Precious mumbled.

"What does that mean?" he asked.

Precious pat his back. "You'll see when we get in."

Before he could ask more questions, she already entered the school building.

"Don't mind Precious, she's just trying to scare you," Jessica said with a smile. "But things really are different, so I advise you to be careful."

Marvin followed her inside the school with Chad following his lead. The chatter in the hallway died down and people turned in his direction.

Marvin examined both the familiar and unfamiliar faces of his peers. It was both exciting and nerving to be in a new environment.

"Marvin."

The loud shout had everyone turning away from him to a certain black haired loony who he was well acquainted with.

He smiled as she ran towards him and wrapped her arms around him.

"I thought you were coming tomorrow."

"I decided to come today."

Edna Smith, a.k.a Neddy his best friend, smiled.

"Marvin."

Marvin looked away from Neddy to Israel Jones his other best friend.

"Hey Israel." The two did some kind of handshake that boys are very fond of making.

"How was the ride here?" Neddy asked. "I heard you used the bus."

"I sat with Jessica and her friends."

Israel and Neddy exchanged looks.

"What?" he asked.

They both shook their head. "It's nothing," Neddy said.

"They're staring," Marvin mumbled.

True to his word half the hallway was staring at them.

Israel leaned in to whisper in Marvin's ear. "Marvin, things have changed since you left. They aren't staring because you're new."

The looks of the students were that of fear and anticipation. Marvin could tell by just looking at them that something was going to happen.

"Jones, Smith I'd like you to step away from the transfer student."

A cold air passed through the hallway as a boy with brown wavy hair strutted towards them; a bunch of boys right on his tail.

The boy's aura was screaming power with every step he took.

Students pressed themselves against their lockers as if to avoid him at all costs.

"Sorry Marvin," Neddy mumbled.

His two friends moved away from him to where Jessica and her friends were standing, leaving him alone with the brunette and his lackeys.

The boy wasn't very tall and looked about sixteen; it confused Marvin how someone so young could be so powerful.

"Marvin Trevor right."

Marvin nodded.

"It's Michael Crystal."

Marvin's eyes widened. "As in Peter's friend."

Michael's green eyes stared him down like he was a garbage can. "We do not speak that name, ever."

Marvin just nodded still not getting what the hell was going on.

"I just came to give you a warning. This school is run by me," he said. "I've heard a lot about how everyone worshiped you in middle school, but let's get things straight."

He moved forward until they were both nose to nose. "You may have been the king of Crystal Middle, but I'm the king here. If you try to defy me, I'll crush you like a bug."

Marvin realized something about the younger boy and this realization made him laugh –out loud- if I may add.

"Don't worry your highness, I'll try not to cause you any trouble."

With that statement, he brushed past the stunned boy and made his way towards Jessica.

"Hey you."

Marvin turned around to face an angry looking Michael who was a few meters away from him. "You better watch it next time Trevor because I will hurt you."

Marvin wasn't stupid. He knew it wouldn't be smart to provoke the boy.

Michael turned away from him and walked down the silent hall, everyone watching his every move.

He smiled at Jessica who was stunned by his bravery. "Did you think I was cool?"

She blushed. "Yeah."

"You may have looked cool dissing him but you'd better be careful Marvin," Precious said.

"I understand mom," Marvin said with an eye roll.

The sound of the warning bell rings throughout the now noisy hall, signaling it was time for class.

"Marvin what class are you in?" Israel asked.

"4B."

"That's our class," Neddy said, pointing at Jessica and Israel.

"Then I guess we'll see you guys later," Precious said.

Marvin watched as Precious dragged Chad down the hall to their class.

"Let's go," Neddy said.

As Marvin walked down the Crystal High hall, he knew that he had to make a name for himself.