Chapter One

"Prepare for extraction."

Naruko watched in interest as a large group of heavily armed guards rushed her cube, but she was quite content to just let them cuff her. So now, here she was, tied to a wheelchair with her head held stationary as her eyes took in the building around her. Eyes narrowing only when a small metal gun was placed at the back of her neck. There was a click as pain shot through the back of her neck, "Position confirmed." Naruko instantly closed her eyes, reaching out for the fox inside her, "Hey Kurama~" she called in a sing-song tone, "Do you think you could block off whatever that thing is from damaging me?" the fox simply growled at her in annoyance, his voice irritated, "Fine, but only because I don't need you dying on me, kit." Naruko giggled, whilst Kurama may be scary looking, and easily irritated, she knew he cared for her a lot. "Thank you~"

Naruko watched happily as the scenery around her changed, the only thing that remained a constant was the large stretcher in front of her.  She watched nervously as she was pushed onto what they called an 'airplane'. The man pushing her chair tying her down before scampering off, probably to be seated elsewhere.

-

When they landed, the group was instantly removed from the plane before being pushed to a large open area. She shifted her eyes to the side as she watched the chairs be pushed in a horizontal line. "Alpha, Brava team, on me." a man called as he approached the group. "Flag, what the hell?" another man asked as the group stood in front of the villains. Guns all fully loaded and ready to shoot on command. "Unlock 'em" the man, commanded. Naruko's eyes looking down as she felt the bindings loosen. Leaping to her feet, she stretched, the edge of her prison shirt coming just over her trousers to reveal tanned skin underneath. "Hi boys, Harley Quinn, how'd you do? Huh? What was that? I should kill everyone and escape? Sorry, it's the voices. Haha. I'm kidding, jeez... that's not what they really said." Naruko looked around, blue eyes scanning the faces of her fellow criminals.

"What do we got here? Twelve pounds of shit in a ten-pound sack. Welcome to the party, Captain boomerang." Naruko watched carefully as the man lept out the bag, instantly breaking into a fight with the guards that surrounded him. "Hey, what's going on man?"

Shortly after they pinned Boomerang, a convoy of cars pulled up, "Here comes Slipknot, the man who can climb anything." Naruko's eyes widened in excitement, maybe she was wrong. Maybe there were others here like her! Ones that could use chakra! But her excitement faded pretty quickly when she saw him, nope, just a normal person. "Listen up! In your necks, that injection you got, it's a nanite explosive. It's the size of a rice grain, but it's as powerful as a hand grenade. You disobey me, you die. You try to escape, you die.  You otherwise irritate or vex me, and guess what? You die."

"I'm known to be quite vexing, I'm just forewarning you."
"Lady, shut up! This is the deal. Your about to go somewhere very bad to do something that will get you killed. But until that happens, you're my problem."
"So, was that like a, uh, pep talk?"
"Yeah, that was a pep talk. There's your shit. Grab what you need for a fight. We're wheels up in 10."
"You might want to work on your team motivation thing. You heard of Phil Jackson?"
"Yeah."
"He's like, the gold standard, okay. Triangle, bitch. Study."

Naruko turned to look for her box, grinning when she spotted it, she all but skipped over to it. Lifting the lid, she almost shrieked in excitement as she spotted her familiar outfit inside. Within the box was a tight black tank top with a black and orange jacket with matching jogging bottoms. There were also a pair of black, open-toe sandals and a loose red, open kimono top to complete the look. Underneath all of her clothes rested her toad summoning scroll, which, as far as she could tell, remained untampered with, much to her relief. And of course, on top of everything was her village forehead protector. 

Pulling the prison shirt off, she ignored the stares as she began to dress. The last thing she put on being her headband which she smiled at fondly before wrapping it around her forehead. Opening her weapons pouch, she quickly counted up the multitude of kunai and shuriken she kept inside.

When she was done, she wandered over to the group who were chatting amongst themselves. "You might want to leave the old boy alone, he could torch this whole joint, ain't that right ese?" Naruko grinned as she spoke up, "That's pretty cool, I used to know someone else who could use fire!" the group all turned to look at the grinning woman who'd joined them. To say she was gorgeous was an understatement, she could have become a model had she not have gone down the route of a criminal. "Ain't got nothing to worry about from me. I'm cool, homie."

"Behold, the voice of God." Flag said before raising a tablet and turning it on.

"For all those who don't know me officially, my name is Amanda Waller. There's an active terrorist event in Midway city. I want you to enter the city, rescue HTV-1 and get them to safety."
"I'm sorry, uuh, for those of us who don't speak good guy, what is HTV-1?"
"The only person who matters in this city. The one person you can't kill. Complete the mission, you get time off of your prison sentence. Fail the mission, you die. Any thing happens to Colnel Flag, I'll kill every single one of you. Remember, I'm watching. I see everything." Flag turned the tablet off after Waller finished before addressing the group, "There's your pep talk."
"Compared to your shit, she killed it. So that's it? What are we, some kind of suicide squad?"
"I'll notify your next of kin."