Chapter Two

The moment Naruko stepped onto the helicopter and took a seat, she fell asleep. Her dreams filled with memories of Konoha and ramen. But her dreams only lasted a short time as she soon was awoken by somebody shaking her shoulder and the sound of Flagg's voice. "Terror attack. Dirty bombs, bad guys shooting the place with AKs. You know, the usual shit." Flagg introduced only to get a sarcastic response from Deadshot, "Right. You're a bad liar. I don't know what they told you, but I'm a hitman. I'm not a fireman, I don't save people."

"Anything for a dollar, right?"
"You know the dark places too, don't act like you don't."
"I'm a soldier, and you're a serial killer who takes cards. When the shooting starts, and it will, you'll cut and run."

Naruko took this moment to speak up, "So, I'm new here so excuse me if this sounds stupid, but, mind telling me what a 'gun' and an 'AK' is?" eyes turned to look at her, Flagg scowling in annoyance "How do you not know what a gun is? Did you not come into contact with them when you beat the shit out those gang members?" Naruko thought back to the reason behind her imprisonment, "No idea." with a deep sigh, Flagg began to go into greater detail, pulling out a metal weapon, he spoke "This is a gun, in particular, this is an AK weapon. You pull this trigger and a bullet is fired. Understand it now? What do you use if you don't use guns?" 

Naruko only hummed, it seemed a lot more powerful than the kunai they used back in Konoha. Hand flashing to her pouch, she withdrew a set of kunai and shuriken, "These." the weapons flashed dangerously as Flagg couldn't help wincing at how sharp the weapons were. "I also use various types of jutsus like genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu." the man's eyes narrowed, this wasn't on her information form.

Suddenly, they were getting shot at, their helicopter coming to the ground. Scowling as they fell, Naruko tucked her weapons away, not too afraid at the prospect of getting hurt, she healed quickly anyway. Not that the others knew that. In fact, that was probably the reason they all freaked out shortly after.

Just before they came into contact with the ground, the others leapt off of the vehicle. Naruko, being the last off, cried out in pain as a foot-long piece of metal got wedged into her side. The others watching in horror as she pulled it out. One moment they could practically see her insides, the next the wound lit up orange and rapidly began to disappear. Within minutes, it was as though it was never there.

"Damn it, Naruko. What are you? Why was none of this on your forms?" the girl simply gave him a knowing smile, a slight look of hurt in her eyes as she spoke, "Because when people find out they try to kill me." was all she could say before turning away, the atmosphere turning morbid.

The group made their way slowly around the large city, armed soldiers checking every corner for even the slightest sign of life before calling "Clear" and allowing the rest of the group to follow. Even then they never lowered their weapons, constantly remaining diligent for any oncoming attack.

Things didn't start getting interesting until the first person died. The first one of the squad to fall being the man who could climb walls, and it was the skill that ended his life. Or rather, it was the thief that caused it all to happen. The man whispering into the climber's ear like he knew something no one else did, however, that secret was a trap. One that would prove fatal at that.

The moment the climber reacted, rope and hook flying from his harpoon gun, hand flicking the button on his belt before he was lifted off the ground. The supposed climber nothing more than a fraud, all he had was cool tech, and it wasn't even that impressive in Naruko's opinion.

However, whilst that man attempted to escape, the thief remained in the clutches of the masked Japanese woman. Every soldier instantly raised his arm to fire a shot at the escapee before being stopped by Flagg. "Hold your fire."

Naruko's could only watch as Flagg's finger pushed on the image of the escapee. As promised, a small bomb detonated itself inside the man's neck. His body going limp as the only movement he made being the gentle rocking caused by his momentum before coming to a halt. Eyes remaining on the suspended corpse, a brief moment of terror filling Naruko before she regained a hold on her fears.

Gulping nervously as sweat ran down the side of her face, she muttered to Kurama, "I really hope you got rid of that thing..." the fox could only mutter something under his breath as he shuffled, moody at the girl for interrupting his relaxation time. "Of course I did."

"Who ya talking to?" the preppy voice of the other female villain in the group rang in her ears. The orange-clad female turning to look at the woman, her face bored and voice monotone, "Nine-tailed demon fox." before walking away, hands tucked behind her head as she traipsed after the now moving Flagg.

Harley's face twisted into a gleeful smile, and they thought she was crazy. Cackling to herself, she followed after the group, remaining ignorant to the nervous stares she was receiving. The soldier's neutral opinion on her deteriorating rapidly, a more negative one taking its place.

A scowl made its way onto Naruko's face as she heard the other villains begin to discuss escape. How foolish were they? They'd be dead in a second if the plan didn't work out exactly right, and by the sounds of it, there wasn't much of a plan, to begin with. 

She could only shake her head in disapproval as she took up a rather one-sided discussion with Kurama, the only person with a brain in her opinion.

I'm so sorry about the late update.