Chapter 3

Ragna POV:

My father lifted his hand towards the selfs, muttering incoherent words which made them glided open revealing a hidden room. He looked at me nodding towards the room, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but stepped into the room. In the middle of the room being a tall ivy covered stone pedestal, where white steaks pulsated from where the thick book that lay upon. The aura coming off it drew me in, my eyes shone white matching the light being emitted as I stroked the cover of the book.

"Sá útvaldi? It's in the old language." I whispered to myself, my eyebrows furrowed looking up at my father. "It means 'Chosen One', doesn't it?"

He nodded his head in response, "Ragna, my child." He started, waving his hand over the book. "Every millennium, a female child is born gifted with rare powers that no one yet knows the limits of. That power said to have been blessed by the infinity stones themselves. But with this power, dark forces where drawn to it one being the Shifters. Through history, the Shifters have seeked out the power and where able to use the 'Chosen One's' power for there own needs. These ancient creatures are said to be the most vicious and strongest race, and are said to be immortal with how long of a lifespan they have. When you where in your mothers stomach Hemdeil had a vision, this showed us that you where to be gifted with this, and warned us of what could come. So when you where born your Mother, Hemdeil and myself put protection spells on you to hide you from the Shifters and anyone whom would come seeking for power. But it seems that as you have grown older that your powers have gotten stronger that the mask of protection that we provided no longer stands." As he spoke images where projected, from the book to give me a better understanding.

I stood there frozen at his words, his eyes held so much worry which was very rare for him. He was always so well composed. "How long until they come for me?" I asked, tears glistening in my eyes.

"Any day now my child, but worry not we will protect you no matter the cost." He wrapped his arm around me, squeezing me softly to his chest. I took a deep breathe, "I'm sorry Father, but I can't allow you to do that" I looked up at him, breaking the hug. "I can't danger the citizens of Asgard and nether can you, you duty as King is always first to the people of Asgard." Father looked torn, "Ragna... you are my daughter." His voice breaking, this hurt me to see him like this but I had to do what was right for the Kingdom. "As princess of Asgard and your eldest, it is also my duty to protect it's people. To protect Mother, Thor, Loki and you." I took a deep breath to try and stop myself from breaking, I could show him I was scared, "When they come, you have to let me go." He looked away from a second before silently agreeing with me, I took his arm. "I promise father, I will find a way back to all of you." He brought me back in for another hug, this one lasted longer. "I'm so proud of you, Ragna." He whispered into my ear.
—————
Sorry this chapter is very short 😖
Please vote and comment, I know this one isn't well written but it's always so spaced between updating chapters. Sorry for that.