Chapter 16

Several Hours Later

Tyler POV

After Troye and I came back, we ate lunch ( more junk ) and went swimming with the others. It was awesome, but I preferred my time with Troye more. It felt... I don't know. A little more personal? A little more intimate?

I realized I was acting a lot more flirty with Troye than usual. I think he noticed too, and while he was frigid at first, as if wondering how serious my flirting was, we warmed up to me after time. He even returned the flirtatious behavior back a few times, though they always sounded sarcastic coming from his mouth.

I'm not exactly sure why I decided to be so much closer with him. I hope he didn't think that I was coming for him just because he came out. That would be a disaster, and it's definitely not true.

I think, to an extent, I've always thought that Troye and I would be good together, but I didn't let myself dwell on it because he was 'straight'. But as much as I want to admittedly pounce on the guy now, I would rather wait until I was sure he felt the same way.

But seriously, as bad as this sounds, now that I know he's into guys, he's kind of perfection. Not that he wasn't before, but you know what I mean.

When we swam with the others earlier, Mamrie brought some more wine out, and for whatever reason, we all started acting like kids in the creek when we were drunk ( Connor, Troye, Niomi, and Joe abstained on the wine ), playing stupid holding-your-breath-the-longest contests, jumping off this small cliff into the middle of the deeper part of the river in the most extravagant way possible, wrestling with each other under water. The cool thing about us is that we were all really good swimmers for whatever reason, so we could stay under the surface for a good minute or two with a good breath.

At one point, I was wrestling Troye as a joke, knowing I could easily overpower him, and ended up pinning him down closer to shore. He tried to struggle out of my grasp, thrashing his legs around, but the kid tired out really easily, especially underwater. When he finally gave in, he glared at me, but I just smirked at him in his submissive state. I wasn't really sure what I would've done next ( probably something stupid ) if Caspar didn't yell,"Stop flirting you two, and make out already!"

Ah, yes, that was an interesting position to be caught in by your friends. Troye's eyes widened considerably and blood rushed up to his face, and I decided to give him an even harder time, by winking at him before letting him go.

When we all finally got out of the river, it was actually about 6:00. We were in there for about five hours. Because of the coming time-change, it was already pretty dark out, so Alfie started a fire again. We were all sitting in front of it still, even though it's after eight right now. I knew what was coming, since it was a tradition to do this every time we have a two-night stay in the woods, especially in the second night.

Seven Minutes in Heaven, or Spin the Bottle.

Either way, I hope I end up with Troye. Sure, I can be a perverted thirst machine, but at the same time, I'm really curious. I'm not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure I've never been someone's very first kiss. I want to know if that's a disappointing or refreshing experience.

We ate decent food for once, a bunch of the others got sick of the combination of alcohol, candy, marshmallows, and nature bars, so Zoë and Alfie went to the nearest Taco Bell. It took them about an hour, but it was worth it.

After we all finished eating ( it was about 9:00pm ) Zoë suggested something relatively new to this. "So, I know that every time we come here, on the second night, we always play Spin the Bottle or Seven Minutes in Heaven, but I thought we should combine them this time. You know how we always choose the two people to go in the woods for seven minutes in heaven?" We nodded. "Well, now you have to spin the bottle to choose who will go with you. Not much different, but why not?"