Chapter 19

Two Months Later

Tyler POV

A lot has happened since the end of our trip to the woods.
The biggest thing is the fact that I'm falling harder and harder every day for Troye Sivan. I know it sounds cheesy as fuck, which it is. This very fact should send me running away, distancing myself from this boy, but I just want to be closer.

I won't say I'm in love (( REFERENCE )) but I will say I'm smitten. He's extremely addicting for me. There, I've said it; Troye Sivan is crack.

A couple holidays passed, too. Halloween was only a few weeks after the end of our trip, and I convinced Troye to go with me as a cop and his donut, ( I was the donut, but I had no problem with it, since I got to see Troye in a tight police man costume ). Thanksgiving also passed by, and I invited Troye to my place, since his family didn't celebrate the holiday. My mother, Jackie, loved Troye. She said he was absolutely adorable, and made sure we had plenty of the night to ourselves ( my mom knows how to take a hint ).

So, it was only a couple days until Christmas. We all got three weeks of vacation ( it used to be two, but budget cuts ) and it was currently Sunday, whereas Christmas was on Wednesday. I asked Troye if he wanted to do something regarding the day with me, but he informed me that he was Jewish, and therefore didn't celebrate the holiday. I wasn't too caught up on Jewish customs, sadly, but I knew that Hanukkah was an eight day celebration.

Still, I kind of wanted to get him something. But at the same time, I didn't even know if he'd accept it. After a bit of choosing around, I settled on a simple gray sweater that I thought would compliment him well, and decided to give it to him on Tuesday, the day before Christmas, since I was going to see him then, anyways.

Meanwhile, I was hanging with Hannah today, since I was shopping with her for everybody else. I know it's pretty late, but ya know. I needed time to figure out what to get, Hannah wanted my advice, we're both masters of procrastination. It worked.

We were both at some random store in the mall, digging through the mens' section for stupid t-shirts for the guys. Caspar will literally wear anything that isn't too uncomfortable, making him the easiest person to choose for. Connor and Marcus have a decent enough sense of humor to have one, as well, though Joe and Alfie will probably only wear the shirts as a joke every once in a while, depending on what we get.

"Hey, how about this?" Hannah says, grabbing my attention, and showing me a shirt that said,'My Best Friend Purrs'. "For Connor?"

Connor, as everyone knows, is the essence of a future cat lady, so I said,"Yes! That's purrfect!" while purring like a cat. I actually thought Connor would wear this quite often, because unlike the people who think it's degrading to 'act like a woman', Connor has no shame being a total sweetheart to cats and other small animals.

I should probably mention that in private, Hannah is the most demanding Troyler shipper ever ( she coined that one, and thankfully, no one else, as far as I know, has even heard the name uttered before ). She always wants to know if anything interesting happened between us, if we just happened to be fucking against a wall the last time we hung out, if he made noticeable advances, etc. the answer, as always, is no. I don't even know if he even wants our relationship to be taken further, but there are moments. Small, little, almost indiscernible moments, where I wonder, if, just for a second, Troye really loved me.

It would never be anything big that happened, Troye was too good an actor for that, but every once in a while, there was a lingering gaze, a heavy blush, a bite of the lip, the easy smile, the interpret-as-you-will phrase. Little things, like a said. But still there.

I've mentioned the little things to Hannah a couple of times, at first thinking it'd sound incredibly stupid to her, but she just encouraged me with statements like, "Think, Tyler, does he act like that with anyone else?" or "I'm sure his feelings for you are pretty deep, then, if he's been too scared to say anything about it, but also can't quite hide it," or my personal favorite,"That's a lot like Grace, though Grace was quicker to grow balls than Troye."