Part 22

"I can't. I've been ordered that I should get you up, so up I will get you. Come on. Some people want to see their new king." Alexander has always limped since he killed Balish. He limps on his right leg. His left hand hasn't been as strong, so he's lucky he's right-handed. He has to lean heavily on Silver, or he can't even stand up, much less walk.
Outside the door is No one. Not until they get to the main hall eaty, court, throne room place do they encounter any living being. He tried to put a shirt on, but Silver told him that his bite and other stabby were already deep and she doesn't want to get any... lint or something in it. It's not his fault. He tried. Inside the main hall are all of the thieves and Fern and a chocolate brown cow. Cherry. Phh.

"Yeah!"

"You're awake!"

"Welcome home!"

"Wolfie!"

"Yeah!" People cheer.

Alexander stops any of them from touching him by turning and walking out, shooting two words over his shoulder at them. "Blundering blockheads." Once they're both out.

"You were talking in the island language in your sleep, Alexander. I was worried."

He sets his face deadpan. "Novina takari robinx. (You should better.)" He hisses. He absolutely refuses to even touch the bed until he's got some other color sheet than pink. For a week he refuses to come out of his room and when they tell him to come out, he licks the door.
He doesn't Silver in, because he's convinced, she wants to murder him with devil juice. He doesn't let Holly in, even though she begs and pleads and cries. He doesn't let any of the healers in unless they come while, he's asleep. Then he wakes up once they touch him and he sends them out. He doesn't get stronger or even stay the same. No. He gets weaker and looks like he wants to die. Which he does. He wants to die so bad. So bad. He begs the sun and the moon for them to kill him somehow, but they ignore him he feels like.
They try to let him. Choose to help. No, they end up duct taping him to the bed so they can get to his back.
He cries and cries. They don't end up fixing it at all. They don't know what the heck to do with the snake bites. Then never get snake injuries on the mountain because animals and shifters are friends. They try to fix it. They end up hurting him more. After two days of this torture, they let him sit up. By now he's cried all of his tears for now. He glares at them.
Then there's a lot of shouting and yelling from the hall outside. The door bangs open and Kai jumps him. She trips over one of the healers, hops up, and hugs Alexander at the same instant. "Smoke! Smoke I schken! (Smoke! Smoke I worried!)" She says quickly.

"Ya ya. Schken. Mo kocaie. (Yes. Yes. Worried. That good.)" He tries to shoo all of the healers and people had been chasing Kau, out. But none of them move.

"Novina root! (You hurt!)" She gasps and points at his back.

"Ya. (Yes.)" He nods. "Trisefri."

Kai gasps. "I zgeg Shana! (I bring Shana!)" She stands back up with a determined look on her face.

"Okash! (Wait!)" He stops her from walking out. Looking at her soaking wet clothes and dripping wet hair, he says. "Stche? (Water?)"

"Ya. I swim." She smiles. "Ah Shana vugrre. (But Shana don't.) She looks disappointed then shakes her head. "I vitu rala. (I find away.)" She walks back to him.

"Marakiss." He says. Before anyone can say anything else, she kisses him and walks out. "Don't hurt her or I will kill you." He warns, closing his eyes.

The next morning Kai and Shana come into his room. "Tro sheh. (Big one.)" Shana says. Alexander nods, and watches Kai shut the door. He shifts for them. He had learned that they had used their, well, Shana's cure for their dog's snake bited. Then didn't know if It would work for venom as strong as Balishes, but it worked well for him. She used it again now. No one but Shana knows what's in it and honestly. No one wants to. It stings, but not as much as the devil juice not even close. He can even shift back, and it doesn't hurt anymore. "Smoke robinx krr? (Smoke better now?" She asks.

"Ya. Shana flow. (Yes. Shana magic.)" He smiles.

"Smoke." She hits him playfully. Then she and Kai leave.

"What did she do to you?" Silver asks when she sees him walking a week later with only his "original" limp.

"She fixed me. No thanks to your idiotic healers." He says.

"You mean your idiotic healers, idiot." Then she covers the mouth and then guards her head.

"Have they been hitting you?" He smirks. She nods. "My poor silver fish."

"Come on, king."

"I would rather die." Next thing he knows he's sitting in the throne room with the scepter across his lap. "That's it. I'm 'onna die."

"You won't. Sit up straight." Silver pulls him onto the chair to sit straight. He slides off and lays on the ground, glaring at her. "Sit up. People can't see their king like this."

"I am not the king. How many times do I have to tell you people?" But he stands up and tried to walk out.

"No." Every people in the room traps him in the throne room until the end of the day.

"Let me out!" He says.