Chapter 6

Third pov

After scrubbing Shaw out of her hair and personal space Ray pulled on her clothes.

She smiled as Dom entered the room, until she saw his expression. "How did your talk with Shaw go?" The accusing  tone in his voice made her smile disappear.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Like you don't know."

She frowned before it klicked that Shaw had more than likely given a very different story to the earlier meeting that night. "You mean the run in i had with him earlier after going for a drive? Like you suggested? I don't know what the hell he's told you but he cornered me and i pushed him away and drove back here."

Some of his fire seemed to go out. The stress of the last week had got to him and he had taken Shaw's bait.

Ray shook her head in disbelief. "You know what? Come talk to me when you stop taking whatever criminals say seriously." She stomped out of the room and to the room where most of the others were.

Rome noted her murderous expression and opened his mouth, only to close it again as she stomped past him.

The others also looked wide eyed as she went over to one of the cars they were working on and continued on the engine.

A short while after Dom entered in a just as shitty mood.

Time skip

EVERYONE felt the tension the following day and when Han took Dom to the side he told him to get his shit together before Ray bites someone's head off. (She'd almost thrown a sandwich at Rome for being annoying. They were lucky it wasn't worse.)

Dom knew Han was right.

When she went to change her clothes he apologized. "I'm sorry."

"For being an ass or doubting me?"

".... Both."

Her glare lessened slightly. "I'm still not entirely happy with you." She sighed. "But it's a start."

There was a quiet collective sigh of relief when the couple was helping each other with an engine.

Tej phone rang. "It's Hobbs."

"What have you got for me, Parker?"

"The paint you got from Shaw's place is highly specialized. Anti-thermal low-IR coating."

"Military." Dom stood up beside Ray.

"Exactly. We got a list of bases around Europe that uses this paint type and those specific colors."

Ray got up and went over to her car. She closed the hood after making sure everything was good. She went back to the others. "I hope you got transportation for us, Hobbs."

"Already done that, tiny blonde. You brush up on your spanish, boys. I'll see you in en España."

Ray clapped her hands together. "You heard him. We gotta pack."

Time skip

Ray and Dom shared their first kiss since the last two days.

"If you ever doubt me like that again I'll kick your ass."

"I don't doubt it."

Ray jumped around her brothers neck and hugged him. "You made it."

"Yeah, i did." He looked around. "Where's, Dom"

"Over there."

She watched him walk over to her boyfriend. They needed this. They needed to talk, and while they did that, she went to take her bags to their transportation.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)