Chapter 19

Third pov

Brian helped Ray out of the trashed car. He helped her get the helmet off. "How are you feeling? Nausea, headache?"

Ray shook her head. "I think I'm good."

Dom got Ramsey out and put her down on a bench where they decided to wait for her to wake up.

Ray checked Dom over. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." He looked at her. "You?"

"I'm good."

It took half an hour before Ramsey woke up.

"Hello Kitty is awake." Ray muttred from where she stood.

Rome had a strange look on his face, one Ray knew ment he was going to say something possibly stupid. "She don't look like a hacker to me."

"Oh, yeah? And what do hackers look like?" Ray could hear Tej tone border on insulted.

"They're not supposed to look like that. I'm just saying, like, you know how they always wear those little, weaird glasses, all crooked and pimples all over their face from drinking soda? I mean, trust me, with a body like that, you ain't gonna park it behind a computer."

Ray bit her cheek to avoid smiling at the seriously insulted look on Tej face. Brian asked the shaken hacker how she was and Ray took a quick look at Dom before turning her attention back to Ramsey.

"I don't know whether to thank you for rescuing me or kick your ass for throwing me off a cliff."

"Thank us or kick our ass, huh? How about you tell us where the device is?" Dom stood beside Ray.

She sighed. "I mailed it to a friend in Abu Dhabi."

"That was pretty easy. The other team would have tortured you for that information." Brian had a slight note of suspicion in his voice.

"I didn't trust them. I trust you."

Ray snorted. "You don't even know us."

"I know enough." She looked at Brian. "Ex-cop. Military. Something like that. The way you took out those guys show training." She looked at Tej. "Tech guy, offended by the hacker remark, naturally." She looked at Dom and Ray. "Mr and Mrs Alpha. Both of you have a pretty much set routine for this kind of thing and complete trust in putting your lives in the others hands."

Last her head turned to Rome. "Joker."

This time Ray couldn't help but chuckle.

"Wrong. Double alpha. Man candy, you know what I'm saying?"

"Man, sit your candy ass down."

Rome shook his head. "The disrespect is unreal around here."

"Life is binary. Zeroes and ones. Only two things keep a group like this together, fear or loyalty." Ray's expression as they went off the cliff flashed in Ramsey's mind. "And i don't see a drop of fear in you guys."

Tej nodded. "Very impressive. Just one thing. They're not legaly married."

While Rome and Tej argued if there could be a double alpha or not, Ramsey turned her attention to the remaining three. "You work for the US government?"

Dom huffed out a laugh. "We got similar interests."

Ray nudged Tej. "Tej call it in. We're going to the Middle East!" She announced as she made her way up on land again.

Time skip

Ray felt the bench in the plane wasn't the most comfortable place for sleep, but she was exhausted and she really didn't feel like moving. Instead she let herself drift in and out of sleep. She heard two sets of footsteps and felt a familiar jacket drapped over her. She didn't have the energy to fully open her eyes, so she settled for listening.

"Hey, Dom. It was pretty wild on that mountain, huh?"

"No, it was too close. But we got the job done."

"You know the crazy thing is, is..." Brian trails off.

"You miss the bullets."

Brian chuckled. "Yeah, that's pretty messed up, huh?"

Ray frowned as it got harder to listen instead of slipping into a well needed sleep. She would need to have a talk with Brian soon. Way too long has passed since last time.

After a while off half-sleeping and hearing one set of steps leave she felt a hand on her hair.

"You should sleep. I'll stay here with you."

She opened her eyes to give the love of her life a grateful look. He just continued to run his fingers through her hair until she slipped off for real.

(Bonus)

Mr Nobody smirked as he looked over how far Toretto and his team had come.

He knew that Sheppard was gritting his teeth in frustration with the team.

"You read through the files?"

The younger man nodded. "Up to their leader."

"Who do you think the real leader is?"

That threw Sheppard off guard. "Toretto. It's his team."

Mr Nobody chuckled as he zoomed in on a picture of a younger Ray. It had been shortly after dealing with Carter Verone. "Miss O'Connor is not only Brian O'Connor's only living family member from his childhood, but also Dominic Toretto's wife in everything but legal papers." He left out the fact that she is in fact also the mother of his child.

"Miss O'Connor not only helped take down Verone, but also Braga, Reyes and was fully prepared to go toe-to-toe with Owen Shaw and his underlings. She is the one that is easily underestimated by others. The thing is, that if she wants to then she is the only person in the whole world that can sway Dominic and Brian into doing what she wants." He laughed as he saw the disbelieving look on the younger mans face. "She's pulled herself out of hell, beaten injuries that she should not have gotten away from without lasting damage, while doing that she managed to become one of the worlds best racers and the most powerful woman on the racing scene."

Sheppard listened as his boss talked and if it wasn't for the different pictures the man pulled out from her digital file. Most of them were from documenting injuries and some taken from different racing scenes. None of them showed her ass afraid. In fact, some of them made her look like she spent her life fighting. He'd seen retired military with less scars.

Mr Nobody took up one last picture showing the whole Toretto crew.

"Toretto may have started the crew, and Brian O'Connor may have helped build it, but the most powerful piece on that team is Ray O'Connor. No matter what she'd do her brother and lover will always back her up."

"She is the most terrifying woman you will ever find."

What did you think of the bonus?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)