Wounds

Wounds

▸▵▾◃▸▵▾◃

As I sat in the freezing woods, my teeth clattering rapidly, I could feel the temperature drop and I fought the urge to close my eyes. The sound of crunching leaves echoed through the forest coming closer and closer with each crack of a thin branch and crush of a dead leaf. Fear began to well up inside of me but quickly depleated, replacing itself with acceptance. Acceptance that I was too tired to run. Acceptance that maybe this will be better for everyone. Acceptance that tonight could possibly be the night I was to leave this earth.

This is it. After everything this is how I'm gonna go.

I thought to myself, waiting for some actual mountain lion to come and eat me alive.

But I didn't get a mountain lion.

I got a wolf.

A beta wolf.

And a very familiar one at that.

"Liam..." I muttered as my body tingled underneath the freezing temperatures of the night "How'd you find me?"

He pulled a pair of underwear out of his back pocket, making me extremely embarrassed and actually a tad bit disturbed.

My face turned bright red, therefore becoming the only feeling of warmth throughout my entire body, and he began shaking his head rapidly in an attempt to quickly explain his actions.

"I promise it's not what you think! It was the only thing we could find with your scent! I'm sorry! It wasn't my idea..." he held his hands up in surrender before realizing he was still holding my favorite PINK Victoria secret underwear in his right hand.

After placing my "unmentionables" back into his pocket he gently lifted me up off of the freezing forest ground, holding me bridal style in his Beacon Hills sweatshirt clad arms.

"You're freezing." He commented, pulling off his hoodie and wrapping it around me as he pulled me in tighter.

And can I just say not only was the jacket thing adorable but the fact that he could carry me with one hand... I mean come on, that's pretty hot am I right?

"Thanks captain obvious." I laughed, more like choked, out with my usual level of bitchy sarcasm, which probably was not suitable for my situation.

I could see rays of light shining inside the forest in all different directions illuminating bits and pieces of the forest for me to see.

"I found her!" Liam yelled out to absolutely no one.

That is until no one turned out to actually be someone, and someone turned out to be literally everyone.

Scott, Kira, Malia, Stiles..... And Chris.

No. I don't want to see him. I refuse to see him. And I know that's just the emotional teenage girl talking but since I am an emotional teenage girl I believe my feelings are justified.

But there's not much I can really do you know with the extreme state of weakness and hypothermia I'm currently in.

And it wasn't just him. Everyone lied to me, well, everyone except for Liam. He didn't know anything. And I guess Malia. I don't think she was really around yet.

But other than that, everyone.

Stiles and Scott were probably the worst. Lying about how she had just moved away from Beacon Hills and how she would love to meet me someday. Those assholes.

"Where was she?" The concerned voice of Stiles flooded into my ears. I curled further into Liam, striving to have the least amount of contact with these people as possible for the moment being. His body was warm and his shirt soft as I clung onto it with clenched fists.I had missed his warmth, the smell of his cologne, the feel of his heartbeat. I missed him.