Chapter 2

Chapter 2

    Peter woke up the next morning by rapid knocks on the door. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, slowly sitting up. He hadn't slept super great last night but he knew he'd be awake soon enough. Ned was getting up to open the door.

    "Finally," Beck groaned and hurried inside, "The toilet in my room is already plugged up, I swear."

    Peter managed a sleepy smile as he slowly got up, "Go quick, alright? We gotta get ready, too."

    "What did you do?" Ned frowned as Beck ran past him to the bathroom, "Did you take like a huge dump?"

    "Can you shut up?" Beck said before he shut the door. Peter grinned and hopped out of bed, grabbing some clothes for their day today.

    "So are you still going to do your plan with MJ?" Ned asked him.

    "Yeah," Peter said softly, "Or at least try to..."

    "You got this Peter," Ned assured him. Peter nodded slightly. He could do this. After Beck got out of the bathroom, he went to shower up and change. He made sure he looked nice. He could be boyfriend material for her. He headed out of the bathroom.

    "Oh, wow, so sexy," Beck's voice rang out and Peter groaned.

    "Why are you still in here?"

    Beck grinned, "I went back to get dressed but I don't wanna hang out in my room. We're going to go around Venice today. Together, you know?"

    "Right," Peter nodded, "So I look good? Not stupid or anything?"

    "Nah, you're great," Beck got up, "We need to get down there."

    Peter nodded and they waited for Ned before they headed down to join up with the rest of the group. He would just have to try and talk with MJ a lot. He could do it. They all headed out and Mr. Harrington explained that they'd have to stay relatively close to the center of the city for now and they'd all meet up for lunch. Peter was fine with that. Ned was already partnering up with Betty so he was stuck with Beck again. Everyone split up to start enjoying the city and Peter decided to start looking for the necklace he was going to get MJ. Beck wasn't interested in that at all and ended up ditching him after the first store he went into. Which was fine. Peter didn't care what he did. After a couple stores with no luck, he finally found a little shop where he could buy it. He paid the man and kept the necklace in it's little container. He tucked it in his pocket and then headed out. He'd seen MJ hanging out with Brad earlier. He really hoped it didn't mean anything.

    "Hey," MJ appeared by his side and he jumped slightly.

    "Oh, hey," he ducked his head.

    "I just discovered the best word," MJ smiled at him, "The Italians created it, it can mean anything."

    "What is it?" Peter looked at her.

    "Boh," MJ nodded, "I was born to say this word."

    Peter smiled. God, she was just so cute. How was he supposed to deal with this? He smiled, "Yeah..."

    They kept walking along the river. He spotted some of his classmates and saw Beck over by Flash, interfering with his live stream. Ned was in a boat with Betty on the river. Mr. Harrington was attempting to take a selfie with his camera. Brad was nowhere to be seen. He grinned. Perfect.

    "So are you having fun?" Peter asked her.

    "Yeah, it's pretty cool," MJ nodded, "Oh, whoa, look at those crabs."