Chapter three

"Can we go?" I ask shaking my leg.

"Are you okay?" As he was about to grab my hand to calm me down, I notice the girls started to walk over to us. A few of them started glaring at me. If there wasn't so many people I would've definitely beat their asses.

"Jabez can I take a picture with you?"
"Jabez who's this girl?"
"Aren't you with Valentina?"
"Jabez can you follow me on Instagram?"

The questions kept piling up. Jabez went up to take pictures while I stood at the table playing with my food. He's famous?

"Guys this is my best friend and yes me and Valentina are still together." He says awkwardly laughing. I chucked at his awkward state. You'd think a famous person would handle all these fan girls well. After they were done taking pictures he signaled me to follow him to his car.

"I'm sorry about that. I didn't know they would show up." He says rubbing the back of his neck while looking down.

"It's fine, it's the life a famous person." I say laughing. "So do you sing or something?"

He looks at me weirdly and says, "do I look like someone who sings?" He starts singing along to whatever was playing on the radio silently and it was horrible.

"Okay, okay, you made your point you can't sing." We were both dying of laughter.

"I'm not famous by the way, just a little known. I do YouTube with my best friends." I nod my head processing what that even was or how it could get you fans. "My mom just texted me. She asked if you were ready to talk?"

"Yeah I am." I say looking down at my nails and fidgeting with them.

"You don't have to if you don't want to."
"Nah you guys are doing more than you have to, to keep me safe so I owe you guys some information."

Once we get to the house I see Cecilia at the table signaling us to come over. "Jabez you could go upstairs."

"Mom but-"

"Jabez go." He groans and heads up stairs to his room I believe.

"You don't have to tell me all the details, but I wanna know what happened." She says holding my hands in hers. She gives me a comforting smile.

"I um well. When I was 13 I was sold to this gang by my father. My mother died when I was about 3 so he was a single father and you know how that goes. No money, no help. The plan was to sell me to them for whatever they wanted for a couple weeks but they killed my father. They made me do things I didn't want to and my life was just a mess. So I ran away." Tears started to slip down my cheeks as well as Cecilia's.

"I'm so sorry hunny, you can stay as long as you want. I'll be happy to take you in as one of my own. No child should live that way." We hug and she starts to talk again.

"Well you should go get some sleep, we have to wake up early tomorrow to set you up with everything."

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Well first school. You'll go to jabez's school and I'll try to get you guys to have the same classes so you won't have to be alone. And then we'll get you some new clothes. And you'll need a phone." I instantly hug her and more tears started to slip through my eyes.

"Thank you."

==

I was setting getting dressed into my night clothes:

I look in the mirror and see that the pajamas insinuated my boobs and butt, showing a lot of cleavage as well

I look in the mirror and see that the pajamas insinuated my boobs and butt, showing a lot of cleavage as well. I was always self conscious about my body so that part of the pajamas wasn't my favorite. Just when I got done the door opens and Jabez has a shocked look on his face. "I'm sorry I should've knocked."

"It's fine." I look up at him again and his eyes are looking straight at my cleavage. "My eyes are up here." I say laughing. He blushes and walks over to my bed.

"Sorry you're just so beautiful." He says looking me in the eyes. This boy is definitely gonna trap me. "Can we talk?"

"Isn't that what we're doing?"

"Oh I thought we were eating tacos on a trampoline." Jabez says sarcastically. We both go into a fit of laughter.

"Yeah we can talk." I sit beside him on the bed.

"I know I just met you today but I feel a connection with you."

"You have a girlfriend Jabez." I say blushing.

"And? That's not gonna change how I feel. Girlfriend or not I can't control my feelings."

"Why are telling me this?"

"Because I wanna be the one to protect you and give you the life you deserve." He leans in and gives me a light but passionate kiss. "Goodnight beautiful." He leaves and I lay my finger tips on my lips thinking about what just happened.