jack knocked on avery's door, anxious to tell her about how he got that acceptance letter from the college they were both planning on attending. he saw her car there, but all the lights were off, except for her room, luminous against the others.

he knocked again and of course, no response. so he took matters into his own hands. he went under the mat that crinkled to his touch. He entered the key through the hole and opened the door, closing it behind him.

"avery!"

no reply. jack panicked a bit, and ran up the stairs, but not before throwing the keys and his bag on the island. he skipped steps on the way and turned to her door, which was cracked a bit open. he slowly walked inside the room, and saw nothing but a neatly folded note.

he picked it up skeptically, and fully entered the room. her draws were hanging out, barely any clothes in them, and her closet opened to the max and was only filled with hangers and an open and empty money safe. the picture of jack and her which was a collage was missing, and so was the necklace he gave her that was usually hanging on a pin.

he took everything in and slowly sat down on the soft white bed, running his hand through his soft blonde hair and adjusted his glasses. he opened the note, revealing a famous sad face she always drew. he bit his lip in nervousness.

he began to read the note. thinking it was just a joking note, he laughed and kept repeating to himself its a joke.

"its a joke. its a joke. shes joking. its a joke. its a joke."

but jack couldn't find it in himself to believe it. he wasn't able to put the puzzle pieces together totally.

when he reached where she spoke about their first song, jack began to tear up. his face gained a deeper and deeper shade of red, as his eyes begun to sting and tears slowly fell down his vacantly emotioned face. he began to slowly sing the song, going line for line throughout the note.

but he got there. he got to the part where she said she was running away. he got to the part he was praying wasn't true. to the part he prayed to be wrong. (he prayed suicide, but to him, both were terrible.) jack hesitated to read the rest, because he was already bawling in his tears.

his breathing uneven as he struggled to just continue. tears flowing like a river down his face. he cried for so many reasons.

he cried because he didn't even know she felt that way. he cried because he finally found out she loved him back. he cried because left. she really left and isn't coming back.

reading the final line, he threw the note on her bed and chucked a glass cup at the wall infront of him. he angrily slammed his fist on the wall and stomped around the room in anger. he walked over to the bathroom that had the door creeped open, and saw all her makeup sprawled into the sink, some he noticed were missing. other than that everything was fine.

he looked at himself in the mirror. his face flushed red and tears running through his face. his constant sniffing and rubbing of eyes. he never cried unless it was over his mother. he slowly walked up to himself.

"who are you without her?"

he said to himself. he repeated it, getting louder and louder, until he yelled it in distress and hit the mirror. he hit the mirror until all the glass was either on the ground or in the sink.

"w-who are you.. with.. without her?"

he croaked. he slowly slid down the door head in his hands. he pulled his phone out and unlocked it, quickly clicking on phone. he went to her contact and called her.

this continued about 13 times until his iphone ended up destroyed and practically in half and across the bathroom floor. he was shaking, and felt himself about to pass out due to the amount of stress. he slowly cried, hands pulling at his blonde hair, blue eyes drooping.

"who am i, with... without the.. the love of my life?"

his eyes dropped, and he passed out, in avery's empty house, without her.