Chapter 2-The Unwelcoming

While Nina put away her belongings, six other Anubis House students gathered in the living room downstairs. Patricia had told the group about Joy's disappearance. "I can't believe nobody's got her home phone number," she groaned.

A girl with blonde hair and wearing an expensive pink dress gestured around the room. "That's because this is her home. Just call her cell phone."

Patricia sighed. "Amber, keep up. I told you-she left her phone behind."

Amber rolled her gray blue eyes. "So...text her."

"Stupidity leak," Patricia muttered.

"So, Joy's just gone?" asked Mara. "That is weird."

Alfie got a devious twinkle in his eye. "Maybe Joy has been abducted by aliens- and maybe the new girl is one of them."

Jerome laughed. "Yeah,maybe the new girl is an alien in a flesh suit."

Suddenly Patricia got irritated and started fueling the situation as the whole gang started to argue about it.

A sudden hush fell when Nina the new girl walked in.

"Hi. I'm Nina I'm from America." she said nervously as she looked around the room.

"Woah." Jerome said complementing her beauty and Nina blushed.

Nobody else said anything until Fabian spoke up.

"Hey," he said.

Alfie got up,"Hello space girl," which made the others laugh as Nina got uncomfortable.

"Dinner's ready!" Trudy called from the dining room.

The students moved to their places at the table. When Nina tried to sit down, Amber claimed the seat as hers. Patricia grinned at Nina's embarrassment;then her grin faded to glower. "So,when are you going to tell us what you know about Joy's disappearance,Nina?" she hissed.

"I guess when I actually know something," Nina said.

"Oh come on!" shouted Patricia leaping up from her chair. "Joy leaves around the same time you show up that is too much of coincidence," Patricia said glaring at her. "I don't know what you've done with her but I intend to find out!" she said stalking out. And the remaining Anubis House students finished their dinner in silence.