Chapter-One

"I am glad you bestowed us with your presence, Mr William," Derby cheered, sipping on his drink.

"Believe me, Derby, I had no reason to not come. After all, I have longed to see the fruit of your unmatchable tries," William embraced the man in a manly hug, Patting his back twice. " Now that you have set foot on this track, I wish you a thousand more milestones."

"Thousand sets a limit, Mr William. I am a man of spurring ambitions, my success knows no bounds!"  Derby stated, feeling a sense of pride surging through him.

"True, indeed!" William laughed along before gulping the content of his glass.

"By the way, Derby, I suppose you haven't met my son yet?" He asked, but before Mr Derby could tell him that indeed he had not, Lara Maxwell interjected, placing a perfectly manicured hand on her husband's shoulder and passing a gentle smile to Mr Derby,

" Perhaps, you are talking about the next man to dominate the Entire New York with his Alluring looks and extraordinary abilities," she said only to have Mr William smirk to himself, proudness taking hold of his body. William was now quite, simply cherishing the praises his wife and colleague sang around him.

"Oh yes, Mrs Williams! It couldn't be put better in words... after all Maxwell family always had the looks and dominance in their hand. I am sure, my friend, Mr William here, must have set an easy path for James to follow. He just has to enter and succeed like his father," said Mr Derby, " After all, he is the son of the man who has been Mr New York for last nine years without a break!"

"Make it ten, Mr Derby for I am sure this gentleman here lacks nothing that could prevent him from getting his picture published on the front of Mr New York magazine," Lara said, sparing a glance at her husband before raising her neck in arrogance.

" Why wouldn't he? I am glad you are going to complete a decade this year, William. I can't see any way your image could go downhill," Mr Derby complemented.

"Luck? I have always had that in my hold Derby. Alas! Lara and I have already planned a grand dinner to celebrate my achievement. Need not to say, your presence will make our day."

"I and my family will always be by your side William. We can never forget what you did for us in our times of distress," Derby stated, his words carrying an edge of honesty as if he really meant those words. "Anyways, where is this young man?"

"James!" William called out to a young man, his back facing towards them. Upon hearing his name, for a trillionth time a day, he swirled around, flashing a heart-throbbing smile to his father. As he walked to them, he could see a few ladies at his side literally drooling over him. Keeping his head straight, he made his way to the group, not bothering once about the attention he was receiving from across the room. He was handsome and he knew about it. Those Dark brown hair were set just perfectly, the colour complementing the ocean-blue shade of his eyes. His plump, pink lips were drawn in a breathtaking smile, which looked quite rare to see from afar for he had a face of more of a cold-hearted man considering that sharp jawline and his habit of engaging his lips in a vicious smirk. But anyone who knew him well would say that's far from true. Since he was tall, fair and had the looks of a model, it is no wonder that he was tagged as New York's most eligible bachelor! Naturally, all the attention comes with it.

He grabbed a glass of drink from the nearby waiter before he continued heading to his father. The moment he took a sip, he regretted. It was awful, to say the least. Rich people had the most insipid taste! He knew he wouldn't be able to gulp another sip of this foul mixture of what felt like egg mixed with ketchup! As he walked past a money plant, he averted his gaze to see if anyone was watching him. Sure they were! Lowering the glass to the level of the pot, he dumped the drink on the soil, all the while making sure no one noticed it.