Bright yet Dim

It's dark. Where am I? It's like I'm trying to scream but no sound was coming out.

"Callie! Callie! Callie!"

I wake up out of breath.

"Callie it's okay, I think you were having a nightmare."

I look up to see that Ash is holding me in his arms. Suddenly I've never felt so at home. We both lay down and he falls right back to sleep.

Little does he know, my thoughts are a nightmare most of the time. Things weren't like this a year ago. They weren't like this because he was isn't my life at that time. And by he I mean, the one who nobody can know about. 

The beach is so beautiful at night. You can see every single star in the night sky. The small ones, the big ones, some brighter than others. This reminds me of people. Throughout the day, people can wear masks all day. But, when it's dark, like the stars, is when their true colors seem to shine through. 

-------------------------------------

I wake up and notice that Ashton isn't laying next to me. I sit straight up realizing I'm alone. But I then quickly notice that he's just down in the water. He's out pretty deep. I walk towards him and he gets out. He keeps begging me to come in with him until finally, he picks me up and puts me over his shoulder and off we go. 

"ASHHHHH!"

Ashton's laugh is the most wonderful sound. It reminds me of a Sunday afternoon.

We splashed and swam for a bit in the ocean. It was the most fun I've had since... well since before the secret came about. 

The sun is getting brighter and people are starting to arrive. When we got out of the water I noticed something so beautiful.

"Holy shit Ash! Look at that house! It's huge!"

Ashton smirks and looks away.

"What?" I say, half confused and half worried.

"Well, uhm that's kinda sorta my house."

I must have just stared at him for a good 30 seconds because he just started cracking up. 

"C'mon I'll show you around."

------------------------------------

The first thing I notice when I walk in is what appears to be a music room. It's filled with a drum set, piano, guitars of all colors and designs, and not to mention the recording booth. I immediately ran to the room. Ashton probably thinks I'm a lunatic for getting so excited over something he lives with every day. 

"Ash! This is amazing. Have you ever recorded?"

"Yeah, a few tracks. But, nobody has ever heard them." 

This doesn't really come as a shock to me considering he is so shy when it comes to people hearing his voice. I let it go at that because I can see in his eyes that it has some kind of negative effect on him when I ask about why he never wants people to hear him sing. My little freak out at the beach yesterday night probably didn't help that problem. I wanted to explain to Ashton why that happened, but how are you supposed to explain something to someone that you can't even understand yourself?

I felt my phone buzzing and saw that my mom had texted me:

"Callie where are you? Your dad & I are heading out for the day and probably won't be home until around midnight. Let us know what your plans are. XOXO"

"Sorry, my mom is so annoying sometimes. She treats me like I'm 12."

"It's okay, I can relate. Hey do you have any plans tonight? The guys and I are having a party tonight that starts around 8. I'd love it if you came."

"Actually my mom just told me that her and my dad are going out for the night so yeah I'll be there."

Ashton's eyes widened and he hugged me tight with a smile. 

"Great!" he said. 

I can't say that I'm not excited about going to his house for this party later. I mean I'm in Australia for goodness sake. Not to mention, I am somehow a special interest to Ash. I don't really understand it but I guess I'll go with it. He doesn't have to know about my previous party experience does he? No, he doesn't have to know about him. Nobody does. Just me. And him.