Chapter 4: Clearly still mad at her

Mo Jingshen was floored and leaned backwards.

Ji Nuan did not know where her courage sprouted from. She raised her toes higher and again caught his lips, stubbornly clinging onto the collars of his shirt more refusing to give up, let alone letting go.

Mo Jingshen pushed her away rudely and gruffly intoned, "Ji Nuan, you should know what you are doing!"

"I know! I'm sober!" Ji Nuan approached him persistently and declared unblinkingly, "Mo Jingshen, I'll stay with your in the company or you go home with me. You choose one!"

The dark can conceal a lot of things, but it couldn't hide the resolve in Ji Nuan's eyes.

Mo Jingshen stared at her piercingly.

And Ji Nuan stared right back at him undaunted.

At long last, although Mo Jingshen gave her no answer, he draped his coat over her shoulders, which was his most direct answer.

Receiving his care, Ji Nuan's eyes welled up in tears.

He clearly was still mad at her, but he still couldn't help being good to her.

She really detested the spitefulness of her former self!

On the way back to the Royal Garden, Ji Nuan was sitting in dark car, with her pale fingers fiddling with the seat belt in front of her.

From time to time, she would steal glances at the man who was driving indifferently, while the streetlights and neon lights outside the car sprinkled through the windows, his smouldering brows hidden under the flashing lights.

Thinking back on his treatment before, with Mo Jingshen's family background and all wealth in his possessions, he could have thrown her home at anytime and go gallivanting with some female stars or women in various social cirles.

But she has never seen him in the company of a woman.

She suddenly opened her mouth and broke the silence in the car: The Mo's family driver seems rarely seen. Do you usually drive back on your own?'

"Occasionally."

"You didn't get much sleep last night and you worked all day today. Aren't you tired?"

Mo Jingshen was taken aback and finally gave her a look.

That one glance came across as if to say: I didn't sleep last night, wasn't it because of you?

Perceiving his meaningful glance, Ji Nuan's ears reddened to the tip, "I mean, you shouldn't ignore your health for work. You should go home after work. You should rest..."

Before she could finish her words, a truck ahead came barreling across the intersection, not slowing down nor turning, as if the brake was out of control and so heading directly at them.

"Be careful!"

Her anxious cry alerted Mo Jingshen, who speedily steered the wheel and turned in another direction, barely avoiding the truck as the brake screeched to a stop—

Ji Nuan, who has been fiddling with the seat belt, was caught unprepared and lost the chance to support herself. Her whole body lurched forward and slammed into the glass, emitting a painful cry.

"Are you hurt?" Mo Jingshen immediately reached over and examined her slightly reddish forehead.

"Hiss...don't touch!" Ji Nuan's whole face crumpled as she pushed his hand away from her forehead.

Mo Jingshen forcibly held the back of her head, raised her hand over so he could turn his head around.

Her head bump was not too light as it turned red and swollen in a moment. Even her eyes were red.

His whole face clouded up: "Were you hit hard? Is it painful? Are you dizzy?"

"It hurts..." Ji Nuan whimpered.

In fact, she didn't bump too hard. With a pack of ice, the swell could diminish by tomorrow at most. She has never thought of playing the damsel in distress, but catching the care and concern in his eyes, she subconsciously wanted to play cute.

Mo Jingshen's undisguised concern filled her with a long-awaited sense of belonging.

With him so close and cherishing her as her husband, it really was heartwarming.

"I'll take you to the hospital." Mo Jingshen pushed her to sit still and re-fastened her seat belt.

At the word hospital, Ji Nuan was scared off. She placed her palm on her forehead, "It's really not serious. It's so late, don't bother the doctors."

Mo Jingshen allowed her no room for refusal and warned her to sit still.

"I'm really fine..."

There was a city hospital nearby, and Mo Jingshen ignored her whispering protests and sent her directly to the clinic.

It wasn't until Ji Nuan's forehead was administered medication and the doctor determined that her injury would only be red and swollen for a few days with not even a minor concussion, that he was finally willing to take her home.

Upon their arrival at Royal Garden, Mrs. Chen noticed the evident "horn" on Ji Nuan's forehead and immediately rushed, fussing over her and assisted her to the sofa as if she were about to be blown by the wind.

"Miss Ji, what's wrong with you? Does it hurt?"

Ji Nuan smiled warmly: "It's nothing. It's just a bump. It'll be fine in two days."

Mrs. Chen nodded and suddenly snapped back to her senses. Only then did she realize, did Ji Nuan return with Mr. Mo?

Ji Nuan also looked up to see Mo Jingshen giving orders to another servant then went inside without looking at her.

"Mrs. Chen, just call me Mrs. Mo or Young lady later on, either will do." Before Mo Jingshen got far, Ji Nuan suddenly said.

Mrs. Chen was first surprised then was ecstatic. "Oh! Madam! Mrs. Mo!"

It would seem that Ji Nuan has figured out a way to finally live with Mr. Mo!

And they just came back together!

Mrs. Chen stood up to prepare a midnight snack full of vim and vigor. Ji Nuan however stopped her: "Go and have a rest. it's already late. I'll prepare it myself."

"Huh? Madam...." Mrs. Chen looked at her disbelievingly.

How could this high and mighty miss, Ji Nuan, cook?

She used to take exception at the oily smell in the kitchen.

"There's a wound on your head, what are you still up and about at night? Go back to your room and get some sleep!" Mo Jingshen couldn't help but retrace his steps.

Ji Nuan kept silent. She only addressed the other servants and Mrs. Chen. "It's very late. Get back to rest."

Chen still wanted to protest but since Mr. Mo has come over, she closed her mouth, nodded and quit the room.

"You must have not dinner yet all this time. A bowl of noodles is the easiest to cook. Wait for me." She also ordered Mo Jingshen before heading into the kitchen.

When she passed by him, Mo Jingshen grabbed her wrist and held on for a moment, before making sure she wasn't joking. He whispered, "Will you?"

Ji Nuan grinned.

She was confident with her current cooking skills, but still restrained boasting: "I'm not sure it'd be tasty, but I'm sure it'll be edible."

Mo Jingshen examined her forehead without any major injury. Although, he never intended to let her work in the kitchen, but looking at her sunny appearance, he ultimately restrained dispelling this rare show of interest.

He let go of her hand. Ji Nuan only felt the warmth left on her delicate wrist.

Clean, warm, ironing her skin with an inexplicable sense of security.