15.

XxxXXxxX

XxxXXxxX

Mick has never thought of himself as a hero or a good person. He knew for a fact that he couldn't ever be like Barry or Kara.

However, Mick also knew he was not the most despicable thing to walk the earth.

That title belonged to the rat faced lunatic in front of the group.

He waved his gun around like nothing bad would happen. He thought his plan would be a success but Mick could smell his fear. The acrid odour was thick in the air. 

The rat continued to act like nothing was wrong.

Although still on edge, Janson hadn't noticed his guards being taken out one by one.

Admittedly, it was subtle but Mick could see the difference. It appeared like the supernatural members of the gathered knew.

Everyone else was so focused on Thomas snarking off at Janson that they didn't notice her until it was too late.

XxxXXxxX

It is said that,

Thoughts and actions are like stones dropped into still waters. They cause ripples that spread.

However, the actions just performed in that moment did not cause a ripple

They caused a tsunami.

XxxXXxxX

In a blink of an eye, the soldier holding Marie had a bullet between his eyes as Janson was tackled to the floor.

All hell broke loose.

The supernatural beings in the room and the human rogues began to attack the remaining soldiers. All of them were dealt with quickly, which left everyone watching Janson struggle against the ginger teen that had pounced on him.

Black veins had crawled up the side of Trix's neck and were at her jawline now. Her hair was drenched from sweat but that didn't stop her from launching her blood covered fist into Janson's neck.

Her eyes were glowing a terrifying blood colour as she clawed the rat apart, making sure that he was truly dead before rising from her position over his corpse.

Trix stumbled away from him, looking at her hands in shock as the red of her eyes faded. She fell to the floor, only to begin another coughing fit. Black goo covered the labs floor, mixing with the blood that had been spilled.

Caitlin was the first to run over. Her hand had just brushed the teens shoulder when an inhuman growl echoed around the lab.

Thomas and Minho shared a brief glance before tackling the red headed alpha to the floor. Newt, Fry and Gally began to yell at everyone to clear the room whilst Teresa grabbed the almost finished cure.

The only sounds heard outside of the cortex were inhuman growls and screeches accompanied by crashes as the  Gladers were thrown about by the crank that had used to be their friend.

XxxXXxxX