Chapter 61

9.7.19
Shawn's POV
Toronto, Canada
Delta Hotel
Room 216
4:30 am

"Babe, wake up." I shake Lacey lightly and she starts groaning. "Shawn, it's like four in the morning what do you want!" She growls before turning away from me... Lacey has never been a morning person.

"Will you go watch the sunset with me?" I ask her. She sits up and then fully looks at me. "Why are you in a tuxedo?" She mumbles before slipping out of bed and stretching. "I have to go to a photo shoot at seven. Andrew wants to know if you'll do it with me?" I ask her and her eyes widen. "YES!" She screams and runs to the suitcase on the floor.

She pulls out an orange dress and runs into the bathroom. After about thirty minutes she comes and fresh and dressed and beautiful as ever. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies if you don't." She jokes before grabbing her filas and skipping them on.

"I'm going to go do a quick makeup look and we'll be off, what time does the sun rise at?" "Um... six-fifteen." I stuttered out before walking into the living room.

Andrew, Josiah, and Connor are all up there setting up and getting in position. The rest of the crew went home to spend time with their families before we leave for Korea.

I text Andrew that we'll be up in about twenty minutes.

-20 minutes later-

Lacey's POV

I finish up my makeup and walk into the living room to see Shawn on his phone. "Ready?" I ask and he starts to blush madly when he stands up. He takes my hand in his and we walk out and into the hallway. With my hand in his I follow him to the staircase that leads to the roof.

After a couple flights we make it. He stands behind me and hugs me. "Close your eyes." He whispers and I feel goosebumps rise on my skin. I close my eyes and he opens the door.

The air feels cool.

He leads me to what I'm guessing is the center of the roof before letting go. "Do I open my eyes?" I ask. "Not yet." He response back quickly. I hear rustling of footsteps but decide to ignore it.

After what feels like ten minutes Shawn's voice comes out shaky.

"Now." He says.

"Oh my god!" I look around but not before I notice Shawn on one knee.

My heart beats faster.

"Shawn?" I can feel tears leave my eyes.

"Lacey Smith... you're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only one who I can never get tired of talking to, and the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You're the only one who can make me smile without trying. I can't explain with words how much you mean to me, but you're the only one I'm afraid of losing and one I want to keep in my life. So with this ring, I give you my heart, I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone, may my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home...

Lacey will you marry me?" Shawn looks at me wholeheartedly.

I feel the tears rush hard and fast and I break down in front of him.

"Yes... yes I'll marry you, Shawn." I cry out which makes him cry. He takes the ring out of the box and slips it on my finger. "Oh my god... we're engaged!" I about scream looking at the beautiful ring. Shawn just kisses my head and hugs me.

I look up to see Connor and Josiah standing with cameras once Andrew applauds. "You two are going to be a great couple." Andrew says before walking out with Connor and Josiah.