5. The Thief - Part 1

On a dirt road in Equestria...

There were many dirt roads scattered around in Equestria. One of them was close to the capital, Canterlot and would lead to the east of Equestria. One Earth-Pony mare, wearing a saddlebag, was walking down the road to the west. Her coat was blonde and her mane light red, tied to a ponytail, and a similar-looking tail. Her eyes were light pink and her Cutie Mark was a brown sack. Coincidentally, she was holding an identical-looking sack in one of her hooves, wearing a happy smile on her face.

"I can't believe that it was so easy," the mare said happily as she threw the sack up a few times, catching it immediately after. "Well, it does serve that pony right. I mean why was he trusting me so easily? Not even the other two ponies managed to notice how I stole this. It's only natural that somepony would be cautious if a pony like me would suddenly come around and started a conversation," she said as she shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, one's misfortune is one's luck, right?"

She started to count the bits inside of the sack slowly while grinning widely. She clearly had no regret, considering that she robbed somepony and only laughed happily. Her only focus was now on the bits in her hooves. Though she soon focused her eyes on the road again after she spotted somepony walking in the same direction as her from behind on the road. A blue-coated stallion wearing a purple armor. She instantly recognized this pony as a member of Princess Celestia's Royal Guard. Though she never saw a purple armor before. Still, she got very excited at this sight.

"Oooh! Looks like another victim that begs to get his wallet to loosen up a bit. Today must be my lucky day!" She said excitedly before she put the sack of bits inside of her saddlebag. "Royal Guard Members are paid really well. I can probably get double the bits that I got from before!" She said happily, grinning widely and already imagining that she will make the big money. In fact, she already planned her approach and closed her eyes in order to think while she continued walking.

"I have been a fan of the Royal Guards for sooo long! What you guys do is so inspiring! You are the heroes of Equestria!" She practiced what to say to this guard, once he was close enough. "Yep! The innocent admirer tactic. Aaaand once his ego was fed like that and he looks away, his wallet will be mine!" She planned before she looked behind her on the road again.

Of course, the first thing she saw once she turned around, was that stallion, walking in her direction. However, he did seem to be a little closer than she expected. In fact, the pony kept coming closer really fast. Eventually, the mare figured out what was going on after taking a closer look. "Is he...running towards me?" She said confused.

He was running towards her. At full speed. His eyes were narrowed. His expression was serious. The mare saw that expression a lot of times now to understand what was going on.

"Oooooh..." she said after her realization. The next thing she did was turning around, running away as fast as she could in a panic. "This guy! He is trying to capture me!" She screamed in panic as she tried to run away from this guard. From time to time, she did look back to see how further away she was, only to realize that the pony was right on her tail, making her even more nervous. She figured that this pony, she stole from before, may have contacted the Royal Guards to look for her.

"Stop chasing me! I didn't steal anything!" She screamed toward the pony in hope that he would stop following her.

"So you are the thief!" The pony replied with a serious tone in his voice.

"Argh! Busted!" The mare then said in her frustration, figuring that she should have kept quiet.

The mare was an experienced thief. Running away was nothing new to her. Sooner or later, that pony would give up after he realized that he could catch up to her. Even if it would take some time.