Chapter 1: Bribe Me.

I sat in a chair, hunched over and listening to a rather largely built military man speak to me while my mind was else where.
I stared blankly at the white wall behind him, ignoring his pale blue eyes watching me.

"Did you hear what I said!?"

I moved my tired greeny brown mixed eyes to his face, taking in his image as my ears re-registered him voicing his question. I let out a yawn, partly as a sign of disrespect and partly because I was truly tired from the rough sleeps I had been experiencing lately. The man let out a grunt to show he wasn't impressed by my attitude.

Most Military men, like the light blue eyed Sergeant in front of me always demanded respect without earning it or giving any back, because they are always told, their the ones that protect their country.

They protect the country when their told to do so and get paid for war. to suite one of these men was 27,000 dollars at least.
The government funded program I was dumped in was 3,000 and that wasn't to cloth and feed my kind.

"4m33! I repeat! Are you listening to me?"
I grunted at the sound of my code, 4m33 being stated, or Amee for short, those who dealt with me found it fun to turn my name into a code of sorts.
"No I'm not listening because I'm not a number sequence." I replied flatly in an effort to control my irritability, I knew he couldn't touch me anyway, not while I'm in the facility.

"You brat!" He stood up to loom over me from the other side of the desk.

"I'm sorry sarg, I haven't been sleeping well, lack of music and all, like the tests of torture I'm put through, one can only live in anxiety after all we have to go through."
I put on my best care free and innocent act, it seemed to make these guys give up on the aggressive approach towards me since I was only 17, 18? "How long had I been here now?" I thought to myself in the back of my mind, some times the days flew by while other days dragged out far to long.

"I'll repeat myself one more time-"
I cut him off only to watch the man's face drop like a pie on the floor, he was shocked.
"No need to, I get it, you want me to assist out on the field, I'll do it but I have a price as you know."
The man opening growled at me in frustration, despite having delt with me a number of times before he still was kept on his toes thanks to my efforts to be a nuisance. I couldn't understand why they haven't given up on recruiting me temporarily for missions.

"Ten new songs and a book is what I offer." I scoffed at him and his dad excuse for an offer, and crossed my arms best I could, unhappy with the small pickings bribe.

"Is that all you think I'm worth? I'm a little hurt you think of me to be so cheap and easy. You get an hour for that little offer." I watched his face go red as his blood pressure rised, either out of embarrassment of my choice of words or out of anger. Either way it didn't matter to me due to how humourous I found it.

"Extended internet time, 30 songs, 2 extra sweets a day, and I get to pick 4 new books." The Sargent went silent, looking at my dead serious face as he thought about haggling.

"Extended internet time, 20 songs, and 3 books of your choice." I narrowed my eyes at him.
"This bitch always tries to short change me," I thought to myself with annoyance, annoyance began to shift into anger with him constantly doing this.

"If you want to use me and keep using me you need to stop being so cheap, no wonder you can't get a girlfriend."
A loud thud shook the table, rattling it's frame against the cold floor. I covered my ears and growled.

"I can't hurt you while your here but I'm sure I can arrange for your tests to kicked up a notch or 3, maybe even four."
Anxiety of phantom fear of anticipation clutched at my guts, i knew this asshole would order for the treatments to be increased.

These people tell us it's for our own good to help us learn about our capabilities and limits, in reality we all knew or would come to know that what these assholes call treatments were really torture either to punish us or because they are simply board. But in the end it was all to further the facilities cause, to train us and use us like weapons.
"It still won't help you get nor keep a girlfriend."

I leaned back in my seat my arms still crossed, showing that his statement had no effect on me. "You'll be out in the field for at least 3 days, so I would think that would count as part of your payment."

I fought off the urge to show my excitement and force a fake cough, like my throat was dry. "Fine but I get to listen to my music while we walk so I don't have to listen to you're men blab on about sports, beer, women and other stupid stuff that doesn't matter." The Sargent smiled, a sign that he had won, again.

"Alright, I'll have your gear dropped off tomorrow morning, you'll have 2 hours to get dressed and ready to go once you receive you're thing's." He stood and knocked on the door to the room we were in, signalling that our chat session was well and truly over.
The door opened and he stepped out as he gave me one last glance before a facility worker made their way in to come and get me.

They unlocked my arms from the shackles that were attached to the floor.
You attack a military man once and your classed as a danger or a threat, nevermind if the douche hole deserved it.

(Don't forget to vote for your writers story's to show some support and appreciation. 🖤)