Reining

You and Luke showed up at the warm up arena right outside the indoor show arena. There were plenty kids your age competing in this competition and you had to admit they were pretty good.

People were riding their horses around the warm up ring practicing and warming up their horses for what was to come. Some people had bridles and saddles on, some just had saddles with no bridle, but you were the only one with heather a saddle or a bridle. It was free style, you could ride how you wanted with what you wanted to the song you picked. You also made up the pattern by yourself. The more difficult the pattern was and with less tack you had on the better score you would get. But if you fell off your horse you were automatically disqualified. That's why everyone else had a saddle on, the slide stops and crazy fast spins where enough to get even the most skilled rider off balance.

      You and Luke joined the rest of the kids in the warm up ring practicing a few last minute exercises, making sure your spins, slide stops, and flying lead changes were all good to go. After a few minutes the judges started calling gate numbers and people started going in to complete one by one. You and Luke watched some of them then went back to warming up for your call.

      "Rider 479." Came the voice over the speakers, "please come to your gate for your ride."

       "Well that's me." You informed Luke with a little bit of nervousness in your voice. It didn't matter how many times you competed in horse shows you still got nervous when you were called.

      "Good luck." Luke bid you and with that you rode to the gate.

*

You got to the gate in the indoor arena, which was like a thirty second ride away and waited for them to tell you to go in. There were a lot of people manning the gate, opening it up for the riders, making sure the horses weren't going insane, and telling the judges who was up next.

"Number?" One of the people at the gate asked you.

"479" you told the person.

The person took out a wacky talky and spoke into it. "Rider 479 is at the gate when ever you are ready."

You waited a few more seconds before the announcer spoke into the speakers. "Next up is rider 479, (y/n) (y/l/n) riding Blaze. She is one of the Equine College students so you better believe she will be putting on a great ride for you all today." The gate keepers opened the gate and you and Blaze walked in.

The lights dimmed when you got into the arena, multiple spot lights then fell on you.

'You got this.' You told yourself trying to calm your nerves, 'you've been practicing, a lot, you got this.' Then the music started and you began your pattern.

You picked the song 'For the Dancing and the Dreaming' to ride to. It was from 'How to Train Your Dragon' one of your all time favorite movies. You picked the song because you liked it and wanted to try something new. Usually all of your songs for reining patterns or even dressage were up beat, this one was calming and relaxing. It sure did push you to challenge yourself to come up is a good pattern for it.

When the music started Loki turned to Thor, "this can't be..." Loki said amazed. The two Asgardians listened to it a little bit more.

"It is." Thor confirmed.

"How...?" Loki loved the song 'For the Dancing and the Dreaming' he grew up listening to it, but he didn't understand how you knew of it. It was an Asgardian song after all.

"Hey you two." Tony hissed, "quiet we are trying to watch." Thor and Loki quieted down, Loki would have said some snarky remark but the man on Iron was right they were here to support you. Talking during your performance was quite rude.