Ch. 2 - The Cafe

"So basically I love muffins. I LIVE for muffins. Gluten free ones, of course." They had been driving for about 15 minutes solid minutes now, and A6d was getting hungrier and hungrier by the second.

Vincent laughed from the passenger seat. "You're 6 years older than me and yet muffins are your main focus in life. Wow..."

Darryl made a shocked face. "Hey, don't insult my life. Muffins deserve to be cherished!"

"Whatever you say Bad. Where are we going anyways?"

"My favorite cafe! They have a wide variety of muffins to choose from. Blueberry, the best one in my opinion, orange, lemon, poppyseed, chocolate chip, almond, I think they maybe even have a cheese one." Bad suddenly sighed, his face darkening slightly.

"What's wrong?" A6d looked over at Darryl, concerned.

"I don't think they have a baguette flavor...I'm so sorry Vincent."

"Really? That is what you are upset about? You scared me!" A6d now turned his back to Darryl and looked out the window, refusing to look at him.

"Yes. I know baguettes are very important to you and----"

"SHUT UP ABOUT THE BAGUETTES!"

"OKAY calm down you muffin! We're here!"

As they stepped outside of the car, A6d was greeted with a quaint cafe. It was a small, wooden cottage looking thing. The door had a bell on it that rang as they entered.

"Welcome!" They heard a female voice say.

"Thanks Skylar!" Darryl smiled at the high schooler who he had seen working there for about a year now. She smiled back at him and then looked over to A6d who hadn't yet said a word.

"Darryl who's your friend?"

"Oh that's just a6d--I mean Vincent. He's from France!" Bad elbowed him in the side. "Say hi!"

"Oh uhh...hi! I'm Vincent. Wait you already knew that...nevermind." He was blushing madly and tapping his foot. Clearly Skylar was making him nervous (a crush oooo).

Skylar brushed her hair away from her face and made eye contact with Vincent. "Well it's nice to meet you! You should show me around France sometime," she added, giggling.

"Anyways what would you two like this morning?"

Darryl responded immediately. "The usual please!"

"Coming right up! And you, Vincent?"

His face reddened again. "Um, I'll have a hot chocolate please. And a poppyseed muffin."

"That one is my favorite. Good choice!" Skylar grinned back at him.
"For here or to go?"

After enjoying their breakfast and discussing all the things they could think of, A6d and Bad handed their dishes back to Skylar.

"Thanks for visiting guys!" she exclaimed cheerily.

"No, thank you!" Darryl replied and he headed for the door.

Skylar winked at Vincent and said softly, "Come back to visit soon!" His heart leaped with joy as he nodded and blushed, practically skipping out of the cafe.

She's so nice, he thought. He might be going back to get another poppyseed muffin sometime in the future.

As the two boys hopped into Darryl's car, Darryl giggled to himself quietly.

"What is so funny Bad?" A6d questioned.

"Oh nothing. You're just such a muffin. You got so shy around Skylar!"

"Well I've never seen a girl that pretty before..."

"She's just a person. You could barely even talk! I can't wait to tell Skeppy about this later."

"NO!"

"What do you mean no?"

"YOU CAN'T TELL HIM! He will make fun of me forever. You know how he is."

"Okay, okay. Your secret is safe with me. As long as you promise to get Skylar's number sometime while you're here."

"I can do that. I can totally do that." A6d repeated that in his head, trying to reassure himself that he could build of the confidence for that.

"And you will, baguette man. Now tell me. How do you say Skylar in French?"

"NOT AGAIN!"