Chapter 1 - Knock Knock

A/N Sorry for the long delay for this chapter, I'm working hard on a VR Project at Uni so my studies and job have been taking up most of my time. 

Your vision was blurred, your head was throbbing, ears were flooded with the sound of your pounding heart. You were hit over the head for sure and the only thing you could see were two shadowy figures looming over you but maybe they were just a fragment of your imagination, or not, you were just hit over the head with god knows what. You were not alone anymore. 

You were sure the two figures were arguing but the pounding in your ears couldn't recognise the words they were saying or if they were saying anything at all. 

Not long after, you felt your body lift from the cold hard ground, feeling a warm liquid run down your face. What was it? Whatever it was it was causing you to feel faint. 

There was a cold tap on your head where you were hit, you winced in pain. You wanted to sleep again, make the pain go away. You didn't try to see what was going on, instead, you just began to let go of your consciousness. 

-------------------------------------Time skip------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awoke to the sunlight peeking through the curtain, your head throbbing still. You didn't try getting up, you raised your hand to your head and realised there were bandages wrapped your head, secured. Your eyes widened, when did this happen? You looked around and realised you were tucked into your bed. You sat up, causing the blood rush to your head, your vision swayed a bit. You sat there for a moment, letting yourself adjust. 

You looked at your bedside table. There was a bouquet, a little note a the top. 'Sorry' is all it said. Who left this behind? You could hear a bell ring. Was that the doorbell? 

You got up and headed to the front door, there stood your childhood friend, (f/n). He was actually local. (By local I mean the nearest town over to this castle). 

"HEY, (y/n)! You finally here!" He hugged you as a welcome. "We haven't seen each other in forever!" He smiled, finally releasing you. 

"I know right! How have you been?" You asked, gesturing him inside. 

"Forget how I am, what happened to your head?" He asked. 

"I don't really remember, I guess I hit it on something?" You tried to think back to the events, you were alone. 

"Well, it could be..." He paused before chuckling "Nah, it couldn't be." 

"What is it?" You asked.

"Just old legends of this castle." (f/n) he answered with a smile still on his face.

"What legend? Tell me, you have me interested now." You grabbed his arm and begged him to tell the story. 

"Okay, okay" He held up his hands in defence. "Shall we tell our ghost stories the way we used to?" He got his phone out, using the torch setting and shining it up to his face. 

"We shall." You lead him to the dining room, closing on the door, curtains and light and sat at the table using only one torch as a light source. "Here is how the story goes..." 

---------------------------------------------Story mode------------------------------------------------------------------

Centuries ago, there was a man, who had an obsession with black magic, he would make deals after deals with demons, monsters, you name it. His deals were always used to defeat his enemies and for his gain. He heard that the crusaders were coming for him for his crime of using black magic. He knew that the crusaders could exorcise any of his allies from the pits of hell except possibly one, the devil himself. 

One night after weeks of researching through every book of black magic he had. He finally figured out how to summon him. Something happened that night that effected this castle forever. The devil asked him what he desired. At this point, he wished that Crusader to be vanquished. The devil agreed, on one condition, that the man's daughter would be his when she was old enough. 

As they shook on the deal, it was too late. The Crusaders had beheaded the man just as the deal was made. His family was dead too. The deal still stood but because of the circumstances, it caused a crack in space and time. The Crusaders were killed in an instance, but the daughter's soul was fading due to the deal.

The crack lets in demons, monsters and others into the castle, until said a monster of nightmare claimed it as his own. Scaring off any trespassers. 

"And to this very day, it is said that he is still here, with his servants." (f/n) finished. 

"What about the daughter's soul?" You asked.

"Depends what you believe in, (y/n). Could have gone to heaven or could have been reincarnated. So just leave it to your imagination." He shrugged. "But the monster of Nightmares, I'm sure is responsible for your head. I mean, I'm sure you wouldn't just hit it against something that hard to cause memory loss." 

"Hmmm, I guess that would make sense," You thought aloud. 

"Well, anyway, I best be off. I have things to do." I got up from his seat. "I'm glad you are back again, (y/n)." He smiled. 

"I'm glad I'm back too." You lead him back to the entrance.

"Well, call me if you need anything." He waved his goodbye before leaving you alone with the castle and its phantom-like inhabitants. You closed the door and began heading to the stairs to go back to your room. 

*Knock Knock* echoed throughout the castle.

"Who's there?" You whispered. 

A/N Again sorry it's so short! Hopefully, next one will be longer and done quicker.