CHAPTER 6

"Chaeng who's that?" The brunette idol groggily asked while on her way to the bathroom.

"Uh, it was Jisoo. Our neighbor." The blonde idol smiled as she locks the door.

"Oh, so you're making friends now?" Jennie said as she nods towards the door.

"You know me unnie, I'm the sociable one in the group." Chaeyoung grinned.

Jennie's mouth formed an 'o'. "I thought that was Yeri."

The blonde narrowed her eyes and threw the nearest object she can reach. Which is Sooyoung's rubber shoes, that seems to have seen a lot of dirty places. Judging by the amount of hard mud under it.

"I'm way more sociable than Yeri, thank you very much."

"If that's what makes you sleep at night." Jennie ran away from the blonde as she threw back Sooyoung's dirty rubber shoes.

Jennie made it on time for their group dinner. True to her words, Lisa made sure that Jennie arrives safely and on time for their get together. The Thai manager even get to eat dinner with them. Which turned out to be amazing cause Lisa gets to take pictures of them which they get to share with their fans. Everyone is happy.

////////

Jisoo had been ignoring her sister's call ever since she arrived at her apartment. She's too scared to hear what she might say. Especially now that she had actually severed her relationship with her father.

Another call was made and the brunette let out a loud sigh as she answer her sister's call.

"Yah, Kim Jisoo!!" Jisoo took the phone slightly away from her ears. Ji-yoon is beyond worried for her and she knows acting distant won't help. "I told you to call me when you get home, it's been 2 hours already." Her sister scolded her more before Jisoo swerved the topic.

"I'll apply as an idol manager, unnie." The determination in Jisoo's voice could be felt even through the phone.

"Jisoo if you're doing this to spite dad, I don't think I..."

"No! I'm doing this for myself unnie." Jisoo quickly cleared. "I'll do this because I can and I want to. I'll be good at this " she spoke with conviction.

"This is going to be totally different from what you took in the University. It's a messy and demanding job Jisoo. I'm not doubting you, I'm just worried about you." The youngest Kim took the moment as a cue to appease her sister's worries.

"What's the name of the company again?"

"CoEx entertainment."

Jisoo frowned as her sister gasp.

"Is that a bad gasp or a good gasp?"

Ji-yoon was still surprised but she managed to answer her sister.

"Jisoo-yah how come you don't know anything about K-pop? That's like a major money producer in South Korea." Jisoo groaned . "Stop that, I feel like I've been a bad sister for not bringing you along all those times I skipped tutorials and other special classes."

When Jisoo said that she spent her time making her parents proud, especially her father, she actually meant that she stay up late studying, Monday to Sunday, every single class that her father wants, she takes them all as if it was the very meaning of her existence. Her happiness is seeing her parents proud of her. When she was younger, she didn't mind that all she does is study and enroll on extra classes, she made good memories back then, she even gained good friends from that, but when she went to college, that's when she felt how wrong she was. She's a late bloomer and her friends took no slack in making her feel life as it should be felt. Maybe it was peer pressure or just her hunger for freedom but she liked everything about California. In her mind South Korea is a place that holds her back, so in her 4 years abroad she did not once check about her mother country. No news, no K-pop, no K-drama, she wants nothing about South Korea. But at their family dinner she realized that it was not her mother country but her Father, who holds her back.