Introduction

Hi there!

It's nice to meet you. And in case you've read anything I've written before, 'Welcome back'. How have you been? It's been a minute, and I'm glad you decided to stop by once again.

It's a pleasure to formally meet each and every one of you, and I hope this book reaches you in good faith.

Before you dive into this tale of sorrow, pain, regret, joy, tears and love, I think it will be wise if we understand a few points:

* This story is set in Abuja, Nigeria. Whenever there's a change in the timeline (when the events occurred in the past), the chapter will be written in italics.

* This story is loosely based on a movie I once watched, whose name I've forgotten. (Yes, I watch sloppy romance sometimes. Don't judge me)

* Each and every character you shall come across is entirely fictional. Any resemblance to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

* Ghost readers are strictly banned from reading this story. Should you decide to ignore this, then I would advice you to sleep with both eyes open, as I have watched several action movies, so I am very familiar with the process of breaking and entering. I also have a pencil, and I'm not afraid to use it. (If you don't get the last sentence, then please note that you and I are not going to get along at all)

* Votes, Comments, and any form of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism are welcome. Should a mistake be detected, please endeavour to point it out POLITELY.

* I would appreciate it if you shared this story with everyone you know. (Let's bond over the pain of fictional characters)

Now...

You may proceed.

(PS, please be informed that 10/10 doctors do not recommend reading this book, as you may experience severe symptoms of addiction, occasional gasps and/or squeals of excitement, sleepless afternoons, inability to stay up at night, unexpected meditation over what you've read and an unexplained tendency to open Wattpad whenever you plan on reading a new chapter. If symptoms persist for up to three days, then please find a way to take care of yourself, by yourself).