Chapter 2

I had parked and gotten out of Ferrari by 8 and of course there were many students around the simply giant and beautiful building that was their school. It was several storeys high and very long, carved out of rich, white stone. Teachers get horrible pay, unless of course you worked at a luxurious, private school like this. Even though I really would have liked cool co-workers I could party with after, I was okay settling for normal, fairly old people and an extremely high pay. I could save up before I go to another school. 

All heads turned as I elegantly got out of my car with my natural no shit, sexy attitude in place. I grabbed my bag and locked my car before strutting towards the main reception. There was a lot of 'new girl' buzzing around and I rolled my eyes even though a smile did make it's way to my face. Since this was London, the students had to wear uniform from years 7 to 11 (age 11 to 16). It consisted of a light grey skirt that reached just below mid-thigh or a pair of grey trousers, a white button up shirt, a navy tie with grey stripes and a grey blazer that fit the student perfectly. The sixth form - years 12 and 13 (age 16 to 18) - were allowed to wear what they wanted as long as it was 'descent and formal'. So they were dressed in very expensive clothing with rich materials and more formal styles, though most of them seemed to be in jeans or a short, tight skirt. And for teachers it was simply 'appropriate and formal', so I was an example of how not to dress.

Oh well.

I got a few wolf whistles as I walked by so I halted my step and spun on my tall heels to face a group of boys who looked around 16. Ugh, I take that as an insult. They were a bunch of young, horny, teens and they sure as hell didn't look great. Though, they were probably quite popular with the ladies the same age as them.

"Hey there sexy!" a tall one with pale skin and neatly styled blonde hair called out. "Neat ride!" 

A boy much muscular than him, with tan skin and light brown cropped hair, gave him a fist bump and turned to me. "I'll see you around babe, you're definitely the hottest girl at this school. I don't even know if I've ever seen someone as hot as you or if I ever f*cking will!" he called. Cringe much, why would you say that? That makes you sound f*cking sad and desperate. Ugh teens, maybe I should give them life lessons on being a master flirter.

I rose a perfect eyebrow at him as I took in the fact that all eyes were on us and girls were giving me the stink eye. For God's sake. "Unless you want detention, I suggest you turn around and walk away before I change my mind. My name isn't 'sexy' or 'babe', it's Miss.Fonseca for you, so keep it in your pants if you have a lesson with me." I said curtly.

I turned on my heels and walked away down the neat, stone path, a victorious smile waiting to burst across my features. I ran a hand through my hair just as the automatic glass doors opened. The girls definitely seemed to let out a breath of air in relief as I announced that I was a teacher. I even heard whispers of "Go girl power," and "to be fair she is really hot." I will never understand some teenage girls. Well, if they like me, I like them.

I walked through the velvet carpeted area to reach the main reception. The place was as I remember it. Absolutely huge, made with the best and richest of materials, with the newest form of technology adorning the place. Spiral staircases lead to various departments and there were neat signs engraved in silver plaque to make lives easier. "Hi there! I'm Kat- Um, Katherine Fonseca, here for my first day as a history teacher." I said brightly as a charming and confident smile naturally came to me since I was dealing with colleagues. The woman was plump but fashionable and looked around her early forties. Her name-tag said 'Margaret'.

She looked up with a smile but her jaw dropped as she saw me and took in my outfit. A good two minutes passed before I cleared my throat and brought her eyes snapping back to face mine.