One-Shot

War.

Blood.

Horrendous.

Blood slaughter.

This is what I grew up with.

I should start by telling you a little but about me. My name is Morgana De Vill. I am the Alphas Daughter of the Vermillion Pack of the South East of North America.

My father is Edward De Vill. He came to power after he killed his former Alpha. The pack had no choice but to obey. My father had trained me himself. To prepare me when I become Luna for another pack. And when I become Luna- no when I mate with another Alpha, our packs will merge to become stronger. According to father I must kill my mate if they are anything less than an Alpha. But what choice do I have?

Even so, a lowly Omega will never be able to tame me.

I hear a knock. "Come in." I stand and I look at who came in the door. "Mother." Luna of the Vermillion Pack. She is my world. I do not know what I would do without her. Without her, I feel like I would be cruel to the pack as my father is.

I sit back down at my dresser and look at myself in the Mirror. I have piercing green eyes that have flakes of orange and dark chocolate wavy long brown hair that falls straight down to my waist. I see my mother right behind me. Her light sandy brown hair and striking green eyes that pierce my soul every time I look into them. Her hair is cut short to her shoulders. Her appearance is young, but you can see her wrinkles. She married young. Her mate found her young and they had a large gap in age. She turned 16 and he found her when he was 27. Father found her, after eleven years of searching. They need each other, nothing was standing in the way of their bonding process. Mother abandoned her former pack and joined our current pack, which she is the Luna of.

My mother picks up my brush from the vanity dresser, and she begins to brush my hair. I cherish these moments, I never know when they will end. We sit in silence as Mother brushes my hair.

Tomorrow I join my pack at the front lines. I close my eyes and try to calm my breathing. The air gets colder. I put my hands into fists, my knuckles turn white. I open my eyes and look at my hands and release the breath I did not know I was holding. I look at the lace of my cream-colored night gown that stops mid-thigh. The indicate lace is suddenly interesting. I look back up at the mirror. Mother stops brushing my hair. I turn around and look up at her. She sooths any stay hairs that I may have and kisses my forehead. Its times like these I cherish, and I feel complete.

I want this war to end.

I want to know my pack and I will be safe.

I want to meet my mate and raise my pups.

I want all this suffering to end.

I wake the next day. I swing my legs off the bed and rise from the red vermillion silk sheets. I look out the window. It is still dark, the sun has yet to rise. I start my morning as usual.

I put on a simple white dress, I'll be shifting regardless, and this dress calls attention to me as the Luna of the pack. It is what I need as I will be in the front lines with my warriors of the pack. I stay barefoot, I won't need them for when I shift regardless. I leave my room, and take my time going down stairs, I see there is no one in the living area, and I head in the kitchen. I am greeted by everyone, as they notice me walk in. And see the chefs getting ready for the morning. Some of the warriors are already awake. I go up to the head chef, "how may I help." "There is no need Little Luna, we got it, please prepare a plate for yourself." I sigh.

'Little Luna. Its what they have started to call me ever since I requested not to be called Princess anymore.' I prepare a few plates. A waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, a side of scrambled eggs, a half of a turkey and bacon sandwich on sourdough, and a side of passion fruit juice. This will be a wonderous day. Who cares about war when you start the day with your favorite meal.