9.

Well well well, look what the cat drug in.

It's me, I'm what the cat drug in.

I have no excuses other than I completely lost all inspiration for this story. With the show being off air and me watching and becoming enthralled with other things, it was hard to have any passion for this story, even though it was my baby at one point. That combined with life just completely took me away.

And then, for some reason, this past couple weeks I've been opening the document this story is saved in on my computer and just writing a few sentences here and there. Sometimes just one. But something. This story has a kind of its own and will NOT go unfinished chyle. So here I am, posting another chapter.

I had to reread this story to even remember where I was going (I have a rough outline but not a full one) and I will be doing some editing in between posting new chapters. So if you happen to reread and notice something seems different, it probably is.

(I won't be changing storylines or anything like that, just straightening/tightening up)

I have to seriously thank the people who have continuing to read this story. It truly does mean the world to me 🫶🏽

Without further ado, here's the next chapter!

When Star wakes up, it's the next morning.

She shoots up in bed immediately, tossing the blankets away and dashing out of her room. Davis has never slept through the night. She hasn't slept through the night since she's come home and been his mother.

She makes her way to the kitchen and finds Jackson there, holding Davis, cooing at him.

She makes her way over to him quickly and practically snatches Davis out of his hands.

"Good morning to you too." Jackson says with a roll of his eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Star snaps. "I said one hour."

Jackson shrugs his shoulders. "And I went to wake you up, but when I went into your room you were knocked out. I mean, you were drooling and snoring. I figured you could have used the rest. So I handled Davis for the night."

Star narrows her eyes at him. "I do not snore."

"You do it when you're exhausted." Jackson replies, a small smile on his face. "I know you, remember?"

Star shifts on her feet, tucking one of her curls behind her ear. "Well... when I ask you to do something, I'd appreciate it if you'd just do it."

Jackson rolls his eyes. "Alright Star. I'll avoid doing anything nice for you. Again."

Star rolls her eyes and shits Davis onto her hip. "Don't you have something better to do? Scripts to read or something?"

"Yeah I do actually, I took a break from all that to watch your son." Jackson reminds her.

"I didn't ask you to." Star reminds him.

"You know, when someone cares about you Star, you don't have to ask them to do nice things for you!" Jackson snaps.

Star's instinct is to tell Jackson that she didn't ask him to care about her, that he was stupid to give a shit about a woman who (unintentionally) fooled him about the paternity of a child. But she bites her tongue, turning her attention to Davis.

"You ready to eat this morning, bubba?" she coos, bouncing him on her hip.

"He already ate." Jackson quips.