Chapter 123 - Five Movies

In the last four years, the number of movies bundled by CAA has reached more than one hundred and fifty films, as for the TV market, the CAA has occupied more than 1/3 of the shows sold.

In Eric view, CAA secret weapon is its own unique business model, even if Michael Ovitz left the company, CAA could still keep developing indefinitely. So although many people are trying to unveil the secret to CAA success, most of their a.n.a.lysis missed the mark, ending up with specious reasoning.

So Eric felt that this was a good chance to stop CAA from expanding like in his past life. If it wasn't for CAA, then he will have had the original cast of 《Pretty Woman》, although Eric was confident in Al Pacino acting skills, he was still worried, he was afraid that changing the original Richard Gere with Al will affect the film box office, but fortunately, it turned out well. And then, when he invited the two Tom's, CAA still tried to inconvenience him, now the supporting roles for 《Running Out of Time》 had been identified, and all the Preparations are complete, only the two main protagonists haven't been settled yet.

"Since you don't have any objection, I'll ask Alan to contact the newspaper for publication."

"Ok," Kapoor nodded, but suddenly said: "Don't worry, just give me a copy first, I want to study it, maybe I can optimize UTA work strategy."

"As you wish." Eric nodded, got up and opened the office copier, and started making a copy for him: "In fact, Kapoor, in the next few years, I don't intend to expand the scale of UTA, because now my strength isn't enough. You know, A few days ago, when I was trying the find places to shoot some scenes for the film, I found how weak I am. I just wanted to shoot a few scenes in the rooftop of the National Bank building, but when I contacted the building management department they directly turned me down, they said they were afraid that I will affect their business order, they didn't even give me the chance to try to convince them. But when I told the producer that Columbia sent to help me what happened, he just made a few calls and got us the permission. Initially, I was pleased with the achievements I made in my previous films, but now that I think about it, I can see that I'm still just a little rat."

Kapoor advised: "Eric, don't put too much pressure on your self, you have done a good job until now. Plus, think about your age, you aren't even nineteen years old yet, am I right? How many people your age do you think can earn hundreds of millions of dollars by their own hands in such a short time?'

"Oh, those are the same words Jeffrey told me," smiling, Eric handed Kapoor his copy of the ma.n.u.script: "Here, by the way, I'll have to go to the Oscar Awards in a few days, can you help me prepare for it, I'm swamped these days. Plus, I'll have to partic.i.p.ate in a dress rehearsal, I shouldn't have agreed to act as a guest presenter."

"I really don't know what to say, many little stars I know will do any thing to show their face in the Oscars, even sell their body, but you don't want to act as a guest presenter." Kapoor laughed: "By the way, who are you going to take as a companion?"

"I originally wanted to bring my girlfriend Jennifer, she was going to come back from Los Angeles at the end of the month, but last night she called and said that she can't and that she will only be able to come back at the beginning

of April. Anyway, I'm not sure, I will probably take Drew with me like I did at the Golden Globe Awards last time."

Acting as if he remembered something, Kapoor said: "By the way, I got another movie that is suitable for Drew, I think it's a good book, are you still going to stop me from inviting her?"

"Don't send any thing her way, I don't intend to let Drew pick any movie for the next two years."

Kapoor nodded and said after a few moments: "If that's the case, then I suggest you don't take Drew to the Oscar. This is a good chance to promote our other actors, I suggest taking Miss Madsen or the girl you picked last week the little British beauty, she has gained the recognition of Al Pacino and Martin Brest. Oh, and there is also Brooke Shields, for the sake of promoting your movies, I suggest you take one of the three."