13.

This morning has been a blur, we got a call in with reports of some commotion downtown and by the sounds of it, there could be a connection to Bucky. I've been sorting out all of the equipment that I might need for when they arrive. It's all stations go when they do finally arrive back, Clint has a huge cut down the side of his leg, Steve has a purple and black chest from the beatings he sustained, Nat has a few cuts but seems alright and Thor and Bruce and Peter are alright. "Bruce I need you to clean out the cut on Clint's leg, make sure you keep the pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, there is a bowl of hot water on the table if you need to wet the cloth. Thor and Peter I need you to go into the freezer at the back of the room and wrap some ice into a tea towel" they both nod and get to work on getting the things done I've asked them too. "Nat I'll be with you in a moment if you could remove any clothes where you believe you've got any cuts or marks, Steve I'm going to need you to apply ice onto your bruises, try and bring out the swelling" I looked at Clint and then to Peter "Peter I need you to cut off Clint's trouser leg so I can get access to his cut." While Peter is cutting off the trouser leg, I move to Nat and check her over for any cuts, I make sure to clean out the wound from any infection and place a sterile dressing to keep them clean. I move back to Clint and rinse off the wound with water so I can see it clearly and check its size, I place a piece of sterile gauze over the entire wound, I raise the bleeding leg above the level of his heart, making sure I use the palm of my hand on the gauze I apply steady and direct pressure to the wound for 5 minutes. I can see blood that is still soaking through the gauze, so I make sure to apply another gauze pad on top and continue applying pressure. After about 10 minutes I let go and began to clean up the equipment I used. " I need to make sure I dress your wound everyday to avoid infection, I need you to stay off your leg for the next couple of days so we can see how it goes" I write down on the medical journal all the injuries that were treated before making my way back upstairs.

Everyone leaves the medical unit and began to go about their day and do their own thing, it's nice that everyone can go about their day. I sit down and begin to flick through the tv when Steve comes into the room and sits next to me, I can feel something is wrong with him but I don't want to ask him in case he doesn't want to share it with me. "Hey Em have you got a minute? There's something I want to talk to you about" I turn to face him and he does the same, he takes a deep breath before speaking "I've just been speaking with Tony and we have thought about it very carefully but we both feel that it's time for you to go back to your family, that's if you want to? I'm not ready for you to leave I'll be honest but I know it's what you want and I know you want to see them" the news is shocking to me but I don't quite know how I feel about this, on one hand I'm happy to go home to get back to my family but I also don't want to leave Steve or the avengers, It was the news I had been waiting for ever since I had gotten out of that prison I was stuck in. The news that I was going to be aloud to go home today was like music to my ears. I was so glad to be told that I could go home yet at the same time I felt saddened that I would no longer be with the Avengers anymore. That my life would go back to normal after I had spent so long in my own little world here at the bunker. It was a relief to know that it was safe to go and that brought a smile to my face. "So your finally heading home then" a voice brings me out of my thoughts.. Steve was stood leaning against the door frame of the kitchen, his hands shoved into his pocket and he looked from the floor to me, a small smile at his lips. "I guess I am, I'm going to miss you guys so much, it was really hard to make the decision but I need to speak to my family and I need my life to go back to some sort of normal" turning around to face the kitchen sink I continue to clean the dishes before I make my way to my room, to gather any bits I had accumulated over the past few weeks. Steve pushed himself off the wall and made his way to me, his arms wrapping around my waist and his chin resting on the top of my head, I could feel him breathing in a deep breath before he spoke. "I'm really happy that you are going home and that it's safe for you to go home but I can't say that I won't miss you around here.. it won't be the same without you Em, I want you to keep in touch, and whatever we have I want to continue it, that's if you are happy to" without a word, I slowly turned around in his arms and grabbed ahold of his arms before standing onto the top of my feet and placing a kiss to his right cheek, a simple gesture that meant so much more.

—————-
Unedited

-Taff