Chapter One

Needletail felt water press against her sides, dark blue turning into a black void. Pain scorched through her body, blood flowing out of her torn throat, creating a cloud of blood around her.

No. I must live...

Needletail sighed, closing her eyes.

It's my time. Like it or not...

She began to close her eyes.

It's my time.

Releasing her grip like a warrior releasing its grip on prey, she felt the last struggle, flail of her paws, wave of her tail- all before she felt the pain fade and darkness swarm her.

She felt herself floating.

Huh. Weird.

She didn't feel cold, but she didn't feel warm, either. She felt... nothing. The air around was still.

There isn't even a breeze. Is there even air here?

She opened her eyes, lurching backwards with shock. A light blue, almost a deep turquoise void was where she floated. She looked at her paws and saw that they were a lighter shade than usual. She wasn't see-through, the colors on her pelt were just lighter-

They were Brighter.

She looked around, yowling for someone. Her voice echoed around the void.

She looked at her paws and saw them get darker. Wait, no. She saw a shadow casting over her! She whipped around, hissing, only to see a floating triangle with arms and legs. He had some two-leg looking thing on his 'head', and on his 'torso.'

Ha! He looks so stupid!

"Woah, be careful who you call stupid, cat!"

She froze, her eyes widening.

"Hey, can you read my mind?" Needletail asked, narrowing her eyes.

"What do you think?" The triangle asked, unamused.

"Pfft, you don't know my name though." She turned around, trying to float away from the triangle. Then, she couldn't move.

The triangle guy turned her around and stared at her.

"Hey! Stop that or I'll rip you to shreds! I don't even know where I am! You probably put me here-"

"Actually, "He cut her off. "Your name is Needletail, you're in the mindscape, and I didn't put you here. Your stupid kitty-heaven has a mission for you and your stuck with me till you complete it." He said easily, as if he was teaching a kit.

"Stop smarting off!" Needletail hissed, floating away.

"Woah, feisty one we have here." The triangle taunted. Needletail ignored him.

"Oh, and by the way." The triangle added, making needletail stop, but not turn around.

"The names Bill."

Needletail began to move again, hearing his voice fade away.

"Bill Cipher."