Chapter 18

guys, y'all don't even know how sorry i am for not updating in like 20 years. tbh i forgot what even happened in this book and i'm too lazy rn to write a ton so have a useless chapter and i hope y'all had a good turkey day if u celebrated it (:

There was continuous yelling from almost everyone in the room, not agreeing on the same thing and going at it. The room we are currently in is set like a typical conference / meeting room. A big room with a long, dark wood table and black leather chairs around the table-spinny chairs to be exact. So all i had done for the past 30 minutes is just spin in my chair while everyone argues. I'm not even paying attention at this point, even though i probably should huh.
"no." Someone says sternly.
"listen, you can't just send them here. it'll ruin everything and it isn't a smart idea. fights and chaos and shit would break out." Luke says.
"well this is a safety caution. we all want the same thing, which is to not have her break out again. and this is the safest way to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen." An angel argues back. I think her name was Anna but i'm not really sure.
"And how long will this last for?" Luke asks sternly.
"It depends how the situation is. It could be a month, or a couple of years, or decades." Anna says and Luke rolls his eyes.
"Yeah over my dead body." Luke huffs and crosses his arms.
"Bet." An angel yelled and Luke glared daggers towards him. The angel, who challenged him, only smiled mockingly. i felt my stomach let out a groan and my cheeks turned red in embarrassment. i looked around and saw everybody just arguing with one another. luckily no one heard that. maybe after we are done Luke can take me somewhere to eat. i want a sandwich, maybe some fries, or maybe i should go healthier cause i don't wanna put bad stuff in my-
     A knife thingy nearly impaled me in the head, snapping me out of my thoughts. but luckily i wasn't totally spaced out and sucked before it could. i looked at where the knife originated and saw a couple of people punching each other.
     "Hey! you almost killed my husband you bitch!" I hear Luke yell out.
     "Not my fault he has a big ass head." Another guy yells. do i really have that big of a head? Next thing i see is Luke growling before tackling the guy down to the floor. i yelped in surprise before yelling at Luke.
     "Luke, get off of him! it's okay!" i yelled and Luke towered over the guy's face, holding a knife to his neck while the guy tries to push the knife away with his hands.
     "Yeah, listen to your husband." The guy manages to get out. Luke glances at me before huffing and getting off of the guy on the floor. Luke then grabs my arm and has me sit back down onto the chair.
     "Enough!" a voice vibrates throughout the room , creating silence within everyone. "Everyone to their seats, now." The woman demands and everyone went to their seats immediately. She sighed before sitting down herself and looked at everyone. "Since there's some tension among some of you, we shall discuss this another time. We will wait for your response, Luke and Ryan." She spoke and i looked up at her, seeing she was looking at me as well. weird how she mentioned me because i have no idea what this meeting was about since i wasn't paying attention and i haven't been apart of any conversations during the meeting. "Till then, we are to continue doing what we are doing now, even though it might not hold for long. therefore, we need an answer by the next couple of weeks. thank you for cooperation. we will meet again." She says and everyone gets up. I stand up awkwardly, not knowing what to do next since Luke had walked off to the woman who spoke at the end. I sit back down in the comfy chair and as everyone passed by to exit, i feel their stares and glances, making me now uncomfortable. i look up to fine Luke and see him walking towards me with a folder in his hand.
     "You ready?" he asks and i nod my head, smiling. he puts out his arm and i link my arm with his before walking out.
     "Where do you wanna go to eat?" Luke asks and i chuckle.
     "You read my mind. But you pick a place this time. i'm down for whatever." I say and Luke smiles.
     "Whatever you say, your majesty." Luke says jokingly. i giggle and hit him softly on the shoulder. he then takes us to a place that reads Marco's Pizzeria. mmmm pizza.
"so the meeting went well." i say sarcastically and Luke shakes his head with a smile.
"oh yes. super well." Luke responds back.
"to be honest, i wasn't even paying attention." Luke smiles.
"i know."
"so what's the folder about?"
"just the deal and whatnot." We order our pizzas and sit down.