Jealousy

"You stink L/N," another voice called for the thirteenth time that day, puffing their chest out and making sure I got the full 'I'm wearing a hate Y/N badge' view. There was no way I could just keep this...this rage all inside. Everything seemed to be going upside down this year - first with all the new teachers and their lack of so called training and now everyone in the school seemed to be mocking me with just about anything they could muster. That said, the other contestants seemed to be alright with me, even Viktor who would nod to me every time we passed each other in the hallway. Speaking of Viktor, he was the very man I was trying to find now since I wasn't in this tournament to win, I was in it to survive and that meant that I was going to help everyone else out with every bit of information that I got in the hopes that they would do the same later down the line.

"Y/N," a more common French voice said, diverting my attention from the floor and pulling me to one side. "I was hoping I could find you! You see, I wanted to take the chance to see your power."

I tried my best to muster a fake smile but it just didn't seem to work. The muscles and tissue just couldn't pull my mouth back into that old, long-gone shape. "Ah...you see Fleur," I said, stopping for a while to think of the best way to put it. "I know I said I would show you but right now I'm on urgent business you see. Look," I said stepping closer and placing a hand over my mouth so that no-one else could hear. "The first task, it's got something to do with dragons. Most likely I can only see us either defending ourselves for a certain amount of time or finding a way to stop them. But all I know is it has something to do with dragons."

"Dragons?!" She exclaimed overly loudly before I moved my hand over her mouth. When her eyes fell into a soft shape and her pupils moved to the side, I suddenly realised how intimate and...close quarters...the move was and drew my hand back to my side, wiping it manically on the robe. "I...I...This is too much for me," she said although I was unsure to what. Could have been regarding my movement or me revealing the task. Fear leaked into her face until she slapped her own cheeks as if she were waking herself up from the fright and pulled her self together. "You say you have urgent business?"

"Ah right," I said readdressing my former point and getting back into the swing of things. "I need to tell Viktor what I told you and also my teacher is back so I really won't have any time today...I'm sorry."

The girl in blue adjusted her hat before nodding in a courteous way and took a step from the wall. "You know, I do understand if you don't want to show me, all you have to do is sa-"

"NO!" I blurted out of the blue. "I promise it's really no problem it's just...the timing isn't right. Tomorrow though?"

Sealing it off with a pinky promise, I got back to rushing around the rooms, unsure of how I was going to find Viktor before my meeting and training session with Juni. The Russian students were always in two places in my prior knowledge, nowhere that any of us knew of like a secret room or lurking in the hallway, packed together with one another and intimidating, albeit not intentionally, everyone else. The last hallway I needed to search was empty and I had no intention of backtracking after going through the hundreds if not thousands of stone corridors. My mind began to tick over what I should do now that I couldn't complete this task and then it dawned on me. Over the past week I had spent near no time with Hermione and if I was correct, she would be in the library! I said I wouldn't go back through these corridors but it seemed that my new found determination to find the girl overpowered that of my other feelings and chained me through a few left and right turns. I came back to a walking pace as I went through the doors, scanning each and every face until my eyes rested upon her. She really had come into her own during Summer and her features were by far the prettiest of the others in the school...odd how the mind works isn't it. From prior knowledge, no-one seemed to really fawn or fancy the brunette and yet to me she was more than just prettier than whoever everyone else liked. I began my approach, feeling the butterflies that I rarely ever felt in life start to spring around with joy but then as she looked up and down from her books to something else in front of her, my hopes died along with parts of me I didn't even know existed. She was constantly checking up on a certain Russian who had been evading me just prior who might I add didn't even have a book in his hands and just sat slumped, staring back with a smirk that I had already started to hate. Guess I wasn't the only guy who thought she was amazing. I alternated my path, now walking to Krum and trying my best not to lose it as I had done so a few days earlier in training.

"Viktor," I said stiffly, looking down at the boy. "Mind if I take a seat?"

Dragging his eyes from the girl, he smiled and gestured for me to sit. I took him up on his offer, simply whispering that he should be prepared for something to do with dragons and that I knew no more. He took the information with a seriousness and replied with a thank you, giving me the green light to leave. As I was doing so, I was turned around by a confused girl.

"Y/N, is everything okay?" Hermione asked with a puzzled look. "You haven't been to any of my study sessions...in a really long time. You...You aren't sick of them are you because I could find a way to-"

"No I'm not. Just got training to do. That's it," I said in a way that was even too cold for Snape. "That reminds me, I can't really talk right now. I need to meet Juni since she is coming back. I'll see you around."

This time I physically couldn't put myself through the torture of waiting for an "alright" or nod, I didn't want to act like this, I didn't want to feel like this but...I just couldn't help it. I was angry. Not so much at what I had seen but more so at myself. I didn't even know who I was, what I felt. I was simply just a carcass that carried around a conscience that I couldn't explore. It seemed I wasn't the only one to notice how angry I was as when students with the badges turned to look at me, something kept them away as I walked down to the little spot where my teacher stood sticking up a bag.

"Morning Professor," I said throwing my bag to one side and already in my gear. "How many bags do we have today?"

Bewildered at what I asked, Professor Kuno stared at me with a blank slate of confusion. "A few. Why do you ask?"