The End of Another Year

"Au revoir Y/N," Fleur said leaning up ever so slightly so that she could place a gentle kiss on my cheek. I hadn't told her that I wasn't interested but I think I had made it clear that I wasn't interested considering how little time I spent with her after the ball...or in general actually. Besides Viktor had given Hermione something in private so this was my little share if you could even call it that. "Please, stay in contact and make sure to stop by if you ever get the chance," she smiled before turning away and rejoining with her crew of friends.

I joined with mine and as we formed a tunnel, clapped the Beauxbatons off on their voyage back to France and then the Durmstrangs. As the teachers came by, the Russian coach placed his hand out and put an arm on my shoulder. I didn't have to accept it and I probably shouldn't have but I knew that respects were needed surrounding one's death and that those two had a history much longer than just their visit to the school this year. Once they had left, I remained leaning against the stone pillar until I was joined by my three bestest friends in the whole word.

"Do you think we'll ever have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked jokingly as he jumped down from the small wall.

I didn't have to ponder on my words for long before I replied "never" in unison with the other two. Harry placed an arm over my shoulder and shook me as if he were pulling me from my thoughts and bringing me back to the present moment.

"Everything's going to change now isn't it," Hermione said remaining in her position. She almost looked like she was about to break down but I knew she was strong. Stronger than all of us perhaps.

I walked the short distance back to her and placed a supportive hand on her arm, doing the same thing Harry had done to me moments ago. "Yes. Yes I think it will...but that doesn't mean it's going to have to be a bad thing. I mean you've got Krum wrapped around your finger too sooo-"

I was broken off by a short punch on the arm but I shared a knowing smile with the attacker that withheld information only us two knew about. That's right actually...this was the year that I had found out my feelings were indeed reciprocated. "Promise you'll write this Summer," Hermione said interlinking her arm around mine.

"I won't," Ron said...being Ron regrettably. "You know I won't."

"Harry and Y/N will right?"

"Sure," I said pulling a scared face. "Everyday right Harry?"

That evening we were set to pack our things and head back on the Hogwarts Express but I found myself sitting in the leather chair I had always seen Juni sit in whenever I had come to pass by the wooden office. The material of the chair was well worn but it's colour was still prevalent and it's smell still filled the small area around me. The books held no value up on the shelves but I pulled out the letter from my right pocket in which it was disclosed that a book had been left to me underneath the chipped plank in the room. I stood up and searched around the numerous planks and right underneath her desk was the brown oak piece that I had been looking for. With a sad amount of difficulty I eventually got a grip of the wood and pulled it out of place, revealing the small dug out area in which a well worn leather bound book lay in it's dusted glory. I pulled it out but refused to open it knowing that whatever it held would come into no use until next year. Besides, I didn't want to bring up any more memories at this point in time...I don't think I could handle any more crying or sad thoughts.

"She was an extremely smart person Y/N," Dumbledore said from the doorway, shaking the entire soul of my body. When did he get here?! "Should you not be preparing to leave and say your goodbyes?"

"I thought that this would be the more important thing to do Sir. Besides, I'll have a chance on the train back and at the station. I'm guessing you knew all about the books and stuff before hand right?"