Chapter I

Lilith and her personal guard had made their way to Stagg's Airships that were located on Founder's Island

Lilith and her personal guard had made their way to Stagg's Airships that were located on Founder's Island. The CEO, Simon Stagg had gotten into contact with Jonathan in hopes of making a deal to profit off of Fear Toxin, even lending the militia some of his Nimbus Tech. He soon creates the Cloudburst, a weapon designed to launch and amplify the effects of the toxin. While they were definitely interested in the Cloudburst he had offered, Jonathan and Lilith were not interested about the profit he would make from testing their toxin. Once the CEO discovered this, the little shit turned his back on them.

So to make up for this betrayal, Scarecrow, Panik, the Arkham Knight and his militia decided to collect the Cloudburst for themselves. Passing Biological Engineering, the militia swiftly captured Stagg and held him hostage as the two continued on their path towards the Cloudburst Chamber. Arkham Knight was set up outside the airship, waiting for extraction. Everything was put into place as the foot soldiers began to charge the Cloudburst with energy cells. As Scarecrow began running his calibrations. They were only in an hour into their mission, until Arkham Knight communicated with the couple. "Scarecrow, Panik, my men have stopped reporting in. And that only means one thing. You have seconds at best. Are we ready?"

"Not yet, the Cloudburst must be fully charged." Scarecrow.

"Then we'll have to do it off-site. Prepare for extraction." Arkham Knight declared.

Panik, watching the security footage of Stagg's cell they laced with toxin as Batman tried to get him to talk. "No, not this time." She murmured as she clicked on the button to release the toxin and Stagg was consumed into his fear and madness, causing Batman to continue onward towards them. Panik glanced at the entrance before strutting up towards Scarecrow looking up at him running his calculations they were 98% done. They were going to succeed and it would be too late for the Batman.

The doorway opens and in comes the Dark Knight but Panik side-eyes him as he stumbles into the room. Scarecrows dose from Ace Chemicals seems to be having continuing effects on him. Perfect. She grinned viciously as she side steps around as he went to attempt to grab Scarecrow, but was really just grabbing at the air as the two then dosed him again in their own toxins. Batman slowly drops to the floor, coughing and twitching.

"You're not dying, it just feels like you are. Our toxins filling your lungs, drowning you in your greatest fears." Scarecrow called out as he circled the hero.

"What can you see?" Scarecrow asked him, "A city engulfed in fear? Betrayed by those you trust the most? Your darkest secrets revealed?"

"As we tear your mind apart. Gotham will watch. I will cut that mask from your face and the whole world will see the fear in your eyes. Then they too will understand. There is no savior. No more hope... No more Batman."