Final Chapter

“Where iis iit?!” Sollux said moving his fingers under Eridan’s fin. “iit ha2 two be here!” He was crying hysterically and clutching onto Eridan’s soaked shirt. “Plea2e ED. Plea2e be aliive…” He sank to the floor and started to whisper quietly. “ii don’t want to be alone…”

Thump

Sollux stopped crying and looked up at Eridan. “Wa2 that…”

Thump

“A heartbeat!” Sollux yelled triumphantly. He pulled his hand out from under Eridan’s fin and lifted him out of the tub. He put him down on the floor and grabbed a few of Eridan’s towels and wrapped them tightly around his arms and legs. He pulled out his computer and opened trollian. He started to chat with Tavros. He knew how to cure sick and injured animals, why not trolls.

twinArmageddons started trolling adiosToreador:
TA: Tavro2!! ii need you two come two Eridan’2 hiive a2 fa2t a2 you can!

AT: uH… wHY?

TA: Becau2e ED cut large ga2hes iinto his arm2 and leg2 and he’2 really hurt don’t know what two do and ii’m freakiing out and you know how two fix hurt aniimal2 so ii thought you would be able two help. Plu2 you’re one of the only troll2 that does2n’t actually hate ED,

AT: oK sOLLUX. cALM DOWN. i DO FIX ANIMALS, BUT i HAVE NEVER TRIED TO FIX A TROLL BEFORE…

TA: Can you at lea2t come over and try?! ii don’t know what ii’m doiing and ii really don’t want to lo2e hiim. He’2 all ii have Tav.

AT: uH… oK. i’LL COME OVER AND TRY TO HELP. yOU NEED TO TRY AND STOP THE BLEEDING. i’LL COME AS FAST AS i CAN.
adiosToreador stopped trolling twinArmageddons

Sollux put away his computer and looked back at Eridan. He was getting paler by the second and all Sollux could do was sit and watch him.

“2hit!” Sollux yelled as he punched the floor beneath him. “Why can’t ii do anything?!” He looked at Eridan and started crying again. “Why couldn’t ii help you? Why diidn’t you tell me you hurt this bad?” He started crawling towards Eridan. “ii wanted to help you! How wa2 ii 2uppo2ed to help you iif you diidn’t tell me anything…” He sat down and pulled Eridan’s head onto his lap. “Why did you think thi2 wa2 the right thing? Leaving me all alone to deal wiith the death of my matespriit. iit’s fuckiing paiinful ED. 2o paiinful…” He was clutching onto Eridan’s horns and crying into his hair.

He sat like that for a while until he heard a knock on the door. By then he had calmed down slightly and was no longer crying hysterically. He set Eridan’s head back on the ground and stood up to answer the door. Tavros was sitting in his wheelchair outside the door with a bag on his lap.

“wHERE IS HE?” He asked timidly. Sollux didn’t say anything, he simply turned around and started walking towards the bathroom. When they got there, he opened the door and Tavros gasped.

“oH… eRIDAN, WHAT DID YOU DO…” He wheeled himself next to Eridan. “iS THERE A TABLE WE COULD PUT HIM ON OR SOMETHING SO i CAN WORK?” Sollux cringed at the word work but nodded and picked Eridan up. He stifled a sob when he felt how cold his body had gotten. He carried him to the kitchen table and set him down, Tavros following him all the way. Tavros went to the table and started pulling things out of his bag.

“Tavros?” Sollux asked, tired.

“yEAH?” Tavros answered, still taking things out of his bag.

“Can ii leave? ii don’t think ii can take watching you try to fix him.” Tavros stopped pulling things out of his bag and looked back at him sadly.