Moving

(Imagine that the house looks more unwelcoming⬆️)

You were upset. Upset that you were leaving the city. Upset that you were leaving your friends. Upset that you will be leaving your luxurious life behind. But mostly upset that you were moving to an old dried up farm your deceased grandfather used to own.

Yes, your grandfather had died. A week ago to be precise, of old age. He would be turning ninety-eight two months from now but unfortunately for him, time didn't allow it.

Though, before death accepted him he told your parents that he wanted his farm to continue. He wanted to pass on the work to your parents. Your business parents. Your parents that worked for high class companies. Your parents that were known almost everywhere. He wanted them to work on his farm. A dirty, old, rotten farm. He wanted them to quit their jobs just to continue his farm. 

And guess what, they did. They threw away all their wealth and decided to drag you along with them. They could have let you stayed. You were old enough to live in a house by yourself. You were responsible enough to take care of their money but no. Every excuse you came up with they always turned you down.

You found that stupid. Very stupid. Who in world would want to throw away such wealth just because an old man told them to. Your parents. Your oh so loving and caring parents. They were too kind for your liking.

You huffed in irritation as the scenery outside changed from buildings to forest trees. The car was silent. You had ran out of excuses but was still trying to plot something, anything, in your head.

When the farm was close your mother, who sat at the front passenger seat started to tell you what to do when you reach. You had to clean your room, unpack your luggage, help her to tidy the house and take a look around the farm. The last one was an option and you planned not to.

You would eventually have to take a look around the farm sometime this week by your mother or father forcing you to but not today. Today, they gave you a chance to adjust yourself in the new... erm... old house and relax after your work is done.

Your father took a left turn and the ride started to get bumpy. You could now see the farm coming into view. The fenced areas that stood on the not so healthy looking grass were empty.

Maybe they're in the barn. You thought as you passed more farming areas and finally reached the burgundy house. Your father was the first to exit the car followed by your mother then you. You gazed up at the two storeyed house. The house looked haunted and made you feel uneasy.

Your father passed you with luggage in both hands and entered through the door your mother had opened for him. She walked down the porch and stood in front of you.

"Don't just stand there staring, Y/n, help us pack the stuff out the car."

"Mom.... doesn't the house feel.... weird."

Your mother shook her head and placed a hand on your shoulder, "I know your not used to these type of stuff but eventually you'll get use to it."

"No, mom, I mean–"

"No more excuses, little girl. Now act like the matured teenager you are and help me pack out the luggage."

You frowned as your mother walked to the trunk. Your father came back out of the house to get more luggage. Your frown deepened as you realized that there was no way out of the situation. You were stuck here with an uneasy aura lingering around the house.