Knowing

"It's ketchup, Y/n." Your father said as he rubbed the red substance between his fingers.

"How do you know that?" You asked with a raised eyebrow. He held finger that was smudged by the red substance in front of your face. "Taste it."

"Eww no thanks, Dad. That's gross." You said as you took a step back. You're father shook his head in amusement. "Now, did you create this plot to make us believe that a murderer is in this house cause if there was, I guarantee you, that person would have used real blood."

It was 3:00 in the morning and you don't think you would ever go to sleep after this. Earlier when you went to the kitchen, on the floor was a red substance (ketchup, as your father said) forming a short greeting. Hello there. You who already felt on edge about this house flew upstairs and barge into your parents room. You're mother was a heavy sleeper but your father who was quite the opposite, slowly awoke from his slumber.

You told him everything that happened while tagging him down the stairs. Your poor poor father kept yawning every minute and seemed as if he would fall asleep while walking. He had done so much work and here you are, disturbing his beautiful rest.

"But, I'm not that stupid to be smearing the floor with ketchup when I know I'm gonna be the one who cleans it." You retorted "And I swear, that fridge," You pointed at the old silver fridge, "had opened. I heard it. So it's either there is someone else in the house with us or that fridge is just possessed."

You thought of the former.

Your father sighed. "Okay then, Y/n. When the sunlight rains upon the farm, I'll get rid of the fridge in no time ok but first I need to get some rest. You do too because you have a lot to do." Your father said and patted your head. "You can keep the lights on just in case."

He started walking away then stopped and turned to look at you. "By the way, make sure you clean that mess before your mother wakes. You know how she can get sometimes, especially when she was the one who cleaned up the kitchen."

"Yes, dad." You sighed out. He nodded and went back upstairs. You sat on a nearby bar stool and started to thrum your fingers on the counter. To a passerby you looked completely calm but inside you were hella scared and on edge. The lights provided little comfort but anything could still happen and you soon found yourself imagining a ghost floating down the stairs with it's distorted face or coming from underneath the floor to grab your ankles and pull you to your death.

You shook your head to remove what your mind was creating. You eyed the old fridge, wondering, are ghost real?

Timeskip

"Raise and shine little one." Came your father's voice. You groaned and slowly lifted your head. "I came to get rid of the fridge like I promised. I need your help to take out the foods and drinks."

"What...?" You mumbled, mind still not fully awaken. You stretched out your stiff muscles and yawned.

Did I really fell asleep at the counter? You thought.

"What time is it?" You asked.

"6:34-"

"What?!" You immediately turned your eyes to the floor but the mess was gone.

"What do you mean by what? I thought you would be happy that you overslept."

"Thanks Dad!" You exclaimed. He raised an eyebrow. "For what?"