Chapter 6. Pushed

St. James Infirmary

{Tatiana's Outfit} Later that evening, Tatiana walks into the jazz club see some paintings on canvas easels

She walks to one and gazes at it, putting her hands behind her back.

"Tatiana", Klaus says. She looks at him. "Thanks for being here"

"Anything for a friend", she says. Klaus smiles. "So, you painted some more"

"I have", Klaus says, putting his hands behind his back. "What do you think?"

"They're spectacular", she says to him, looking around at the other paintings. "Remarkable"

"And that one?", Klaus asks, gazing at a small painting behind her. She looks at it on the bar counter and walks to it.

She gently takes it in her hands. It's a small canvas painting of her at the Jackson Square.

"You painted a painting of how we met", Tatiana says, surprisingly.

"It's a gift. I painted it for you", Klaus tells her with a small smile.

"Thank you", Tatiana says with a small smile.

Klaus and Tatiana exchange glances at each other as he kisses her. She kisses him back. They withdraw from the kiss.

"How sweet", Genevieve says. Klaus and Tatiana looks at her. "I wish my intimate relationship with Klaus was like that"

Three French Quarter witches walk out from behind Genevieve.

Genevieve magically snaps Klaus's neck, knocking him out on the floor.

"Klaus", Tatiana says, crouching down to him. She looks at Genevieve. "What's with you?"

"He will be okay", Genevieve says. "You, on the other hand, you're a witch. You've been holding back your magic for a while, Tatiana Monroe"

One of the French Quarter witches magically thrust her hand at Tatiana, making her grip her own throat.

"How about you show us your magic", Genevieve tells Tatiana.

The French Quarter witch magically thrust Tatiana at a table, causing her to smash into it.

Klaus recovers from being knocked out and vamp-speed to a witch, biting her on her neck, killing her instantly. He drops her dead body on the floor as Genevieve and the other witch magically gives him an aneurysm spell. Klaus falls on the floor, holding his head with his hand.

"Leave him alone!", Tatiana shouts at them, angrily.

Genevieve and the other witch turns around to Tatiana as she magically reverses the aneurysm spell on Klaus onto the other witch.

Clutching her hand into a fist, Tatiana magically makes the other witch's head explode, killing her instantly.

Tatiana then, looks at Genevieve as she magically levitates the tables. Her brunette hair gently levitates.

Genevieve looks at Tatiana, shockingly.

"I suggest you leave, Genevieve", Tatiana says. "Unless you want to be like your other witch"

Genevieve walks out of the jazz club. Tatiana un-taps from her magic. She and Klaus looks at each other.

"Klaus", Tatiana says, gently running to his aid. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine", Klaus says. She helps him to his feet. They look at the dead female witch with her head blown off. "For a private person, you are powerful"

"Push me. And I'll push back", Tatiana says to him.

"Come here", Klaus says, gently as they share a small hug.

~*~*~

At the Jackson Square, Klaus and Tatiana are sitting on the bench.

"I killed someone", Tatiana says, shocked. "I killed a witch"

"Don't be so hard on yourself", Klaus says. "Genevieve and those wicked little witches pushed you. You pushed back. I say you're stronger than you think you are, Tamia"

"What am I gonna do?", Tatiana asks.

"You need to go home", Klaus says, getting up from the bench.

"Hey, wait", Tatiana says, walking in front of him. "What about you?"

"Don't worry about me, love", Klaus says to her. "I don't think it's best for you and I to spend time together for a while"

Tatiana looks confuse. "What?"

"I'm a complicated man, damaged by my own demons", Klaus says to her. "And I don't want my darkness to ruin the beautiful light that's in you", he adds, caressing her cheek with his hand. "And you are beautiful"

"Klaus", Tatiana says in a gloomy tone.

"You need to go home", Klaus says to her in a gloomy tone.

"Klaus", Tatiana says.

"Please, just go home", Klaus says.

Klaus and Tatiana exchange gloomy glances as he vamp-speeds away with Tatiana processing what just happened.

~*~*~

Tatiana's Apartment

That evening, Cami and Tatiana are sitting in the living room. Tatiana told her that Genevieve was bothering her and she killed a witch.

"So, what's been going on between you and Klaus?", Cami asks her best friend.

"We kissed", Tatiana tells her.

"You and Klaus kissed?", Cami says, surprisingly.

"Yep", Tatiana says. "Twice. We've been hanging out"

"Oh", Cami says. "At least, you and Klaus are speaking to each other. And you two are friendly"

"Yeah. We were hanging out", Tatiana says.

"What do you mean?", Cami asks her.

"Klaus doesn't wanna hang out anymore for a little while", Tatiana says. "He says that he didn't want his darkness to ruin the light that's in me"

Cami gives her a sympathetically look. "What are you gonna do now?"

"Well, I can study my parents grimoires", Tatiana says. "And paint"

Cami and Tatiana smiles at each other.

Any vote and comment?