1: The First Day Of High School

Lena Luthor. New to Mckinley High School. She had just moved to Lima, Ohio after becoming the laughing stock at her old high school because of her adoptive brother. Lex Luthor. It was awfully quiet this morning, Lena didn't wake up in another cold hard sweat. Nightmares would come very frequently for her. But last night it seems like she didn't have one and had a good nights sleep. A well deserved one at that. The nightmares were normally about the supers; superman and supergirl. Them and her brother were on the best of terms and actually hated each other. She was always taught they were bad. There's no way her family was wrong. Right?

Lena's alarm clock went on violently, shaking her awake. 6:45. *Ugh. God do I have to get up so early-* She thought to herself. She sluggishly yanked her blanket off and got dressed. She wanted to make a good first impression on everyone so she put on a pair of blue jeans, an iron maiden shirt, a leather jacket, and a red flannel tied around her waist. She ran downstairs and throw her black and white vans on. Not being too hungry, she got her keys and jetted out the door. Thinking she could get some food on the way to school.

Her first day at Mckinley High. As a sophomore she knew she would get picked on for everything, but she didn't know how bad it would get. Praying to some god that she's not late. Praying. Hoping someone would be nice to her on the first day. She walked through the doors and all the eyes were on her. Already whispering. Then a slushy got thrown in her face. "What the hell!" She exclaimed. "It's a welcome ritual." Some hockey dickhead shoulder checked her. Knocking her to the floor.

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" A cheerleader, Lena assumed, yelled. Someone standing up for...Lena? That's new. "I'm so sorry about him. These hallways can be hell for new people."
"If you'll excuse me I have to go clean myself off." Lena stated storming away from the scene. She had no change of clothes and was going to be late for her first class.

The same cheerleader walked into the bathroom. "I don't think we were properly introduced." She smiled. "I'm Kara. Kara Danvers."
"You don't have to do this for me." I sighed. "You don't have to ruin your reputation for me."

Kara guided Lena's face to meet her eyes. There was something in Lena's eyes..something..broken. Kara's eyes turned to a pleading sight. She cleared her throat. "I actually brought these for you." Holding out the clothes. With quite some restraint, Lena cautiously took them.

"I'm sorry..I don't trust new people I meet. But..thank you." Lena stated quietly. "for helping me." Kara gave her the biggest smile. "We may not know each other but I'm always here to help. You should hurry, class starts soon."

With that being said, Kara left. Leaving Lena all alone. How could someone she didn't even know care for her that much? Lena had lost hope for everyone a long time ago. But maybe it's time for a change. Maybe not everyone is as awful as she thought they were. She quickly got changed and headed to chemistry, her first class of the day.

By the save of the bell, she got there before it rang and officially wasn't late. Until..she saw her. Laughing and joking with her other friends, also cheerleaders. Taking the only empty seat, she sat next to Kara. Quinn laughed as she walked by but Kara quickly put her in her place.

"Hey. Leave her alone man. It's her first day." Kara turned her head and smiled at her. "I don't think I ever got your name?" She chuckled.
"Oh. It's Lena." Pulling a notebook out of her bag. "Got a last name?" Lena looked at her with such guilt and innocence in her eyes. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me if you don't want." Kara reassuring her.

Lena wasn't exactly ready to have people know she was a Luthor. "Thanks for helping me earlier. How can i ever repay you?" Kara reaches for a pen and pulls Lena's hand into her lap. Palm up. "Here's my number. You can call me whenever you want and maybe you can repay me that way." Kara winks. Making Lena blush.

Maybe, just maybe, she was allowed to love. But, how could she love a girl like how she's supposed to love boys. It doesn't make sense to her.