Episode 33

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains scene/s that may be upsetting, disturbing, and/or traumatic. Please be advised.

Episode 33:

"We're not the same. I'm not like you."

Parehas kaming napalingon ni Kenneth kay Rosendale na nakasandal sa may kalakihang puno. By the looks of it, it seemed like she's been listening for a while. I found myself releasing a breath that I never thought was holding because of how things are unfolding in front of me.

There's a bigger part of me who's not believing to Kenneth but there's also a part as well that wanted answers from Rosendale herself. The only thing that really creep me out was how Kenneth knew too much information that's supposed to be private. It's like I was being followed all along.

It's not what he said that sent the entire shivers to me but on how he knew those things. His eyes, and the way he moved, it's like he's not Kenneth anymore but some stranger I'll never wanted to meet.

Mabilis akong naglakad palapit kay Rosendale. I can't help but gripped her hand the moment I got close to her. Her skin was so warm that I realized how cold mine was because of what's happening. She put her arms around me, pulling me possessively to her like I'd go anywhere.

I stared at Kenneth and found myself being unable to read him. He's staring at us, just that. I still didn't understand the point why will he tell me Rosendale and him were the same. I didn't think so, because this girl with me was not emitting such kind of danger that I can't stand. Sure, Rosendale can be somehow like that, but not to the point of me actually getting scared so much.

"You're getting the wrong person, Echo." Kenneth said, there's something his voice, like a mixture of threat, hurt, and coldness. Nakakapanindig-balahibo. I've never felt something like this, the urge to vomit something. Napalunok ako at sinamaan siya ng tingin. "You don't know that person."

"What do you even know about her?" I asked in return. Huminga ako ng malalim. Naramdaman ko ang paghigpit ng hawak ni Rosendale sa kamay ko. I stayed looking at him. "It's you who are now questionable, Kenneth. How did you even know all those things? Are you following me? What, you're a stalker?"

"I'm only watching you to keep you safe, so, I'll know when someone's getting close to you." He reasoned out. Kinilabutan ako lalo sa kanya. Nakaramdam ako ng inis. Hindi ko ine-expect na ganito siyang klase ng tao. He's so creepy that I don't even want to see him after this. "Unlike that woman beside you, watching you every single seconds of the day na akala mo naman, mawawala ka na lang bigla. What's our difference, Echo? We're both watching you, it's just that she's worse. And yet there you are, being bias."

"I'm not being—"

"How can you even explain that she's your classmate to all the subjects since freshmen up until now? She's wherever you are like a dog."

Kumunot ang noo ko. Nilingon ko si Rosendale. She's not even trying to say anything, she's not trying to deny it. When I looked into her eyes, I saw nothing, like it's okay for me to believe whatever Kenneth was saying.

"You didn't know how she negotiated with the heads in this school just to be with you, do you?" His chuckle was dark, mocking even. Hindi ko na alam kung may mas ikukunot pa ba ang noo ko dahil sa nagaganap. My mind was a pool of information I was forced to absorb. "Ha! Isn't she pathetic and creepier? Staring holes at you when you didn't even know, being with you unannounced. Why do I know? Nakikita ko lahat, napapansin ko."

I can't help but averted my gaze at her again. I was waiting for her to say something, wave my doubt away, or to do anything, just anything.

I remembered the times where I'll accidentally look at her and will caught her looking at me. I thought that's just coincidence. We people tend to stare back at the person who's looking at us so I didn't make it a big deal. But remembering those times made me want to believe that maybe, there's truth in Kenneth's words.