Lesson Ended Early

The next morning was like any other, I woke up early made my bed got dressed put my gun on my hip like I do for any case and waited until they woke. It didn't take long for Sam to wake up which was normal but the thing that got me nervous was that now we had about a whole half hour with just us. He stretched and looked beside him I guess hoping that I'd be next to him. I wasn't thanks to self control and he frowned. He sat up and saw me looking at him. His frown flattened into a straight face and he got out of bed.

"Good morning." He said looking for clothes to wear.

"Good morning, Sam." I said using his name. Baby this hurts me more than it hurts you. He walked off to the bathroom to change and I was left in the chair thinking about how I was going to approach the situation. He walked out of the bathroom after about five minutes and sat down at the table across from me. We stared at each other for a minute or two before I said something. "Sam, you do know that you messed up right?" I asked.

He sighed and looked down at the table. "Yeah I know." He said. Why does it have to hurt so much. I nodded and thought about my next words. "Is anything going to happen between us?" He asked looking at me.

"Sam, I know that you are thinking the worst. I know that you feel bad but I have to tell you that... for this case... we are only professional." I said wincing at the thought of it. He was stunned at what I had just said and that's reasonable. 

"You're gonna dump me aren't you?" He said with glossy eyes. God damn it! Why does he have to do this?!

"No Sammy I'm not gonna dump you. Why would you think that?" I asked with sympathy in my everything. He is really about to cry and I'm loosing my grip. 

"Are you sure?" He asked trying so hard not to cry.

That's it I've lost it. "Oh, baby come here. Don't cry." I said getting out of my seat. He stood up as well, I held out my arms and he practically fell into them. "Baby it's alright, I still love you so much don't worry. I can't even fathom the thought of loosing you. Now don't cry or you'll make me cry." I said rubbing his back as we hugged each other rocking back and forth. He let out a sniffle and I felt really bad. I still feel really bad. He started to pull away so I loosened my grip. Now we stood facing each other, saying nothing, doing nothing. "I'm sure I'm not going to dump you." I said with a small smile. He nodded and let out a breath. "But with that... I'd like to not get distracted with this case, which means that we can't be lovey dovey all the time." I said in a calm and sweet voice.

"I'm not in trouble right?" He asked.

"No sweetheart you're not in trouble." I said with a little laugh.

"Then I completely understand. But that means that I can still like you know... kiss you?" He said in the cutest way even possible.

"Yes Sam you can still kiss, hug, hold, and chill in the same bed as me. But you know that I'm being so easy on you is because you almost cried." I said trying to justify myself.

"I actually cried a little through the hug." He said with a chuckle rubbing the back of his neck. My little dork I swear to God I could drown myself in you. I chuckled as well happy that it went better than planned.