Chapter 9

I slumped unto my chair behind my desk rubbing my temples in frustration. Flashbacks of the meeting swarm my head as I steal glances at the papers scattered on my desk. "2 months! 2 fucking months to produce a group!" I mutter to myself letting out an exasperated sigh. Big Hit had recently released a new boy group called TXT who where very successful but due to some of the members being ill, their comeback had been delayed until they are all healthy. However, the fans were thirsty for content and stocks were going down. We couldn't overwork Yoonki any longer as even he had his limits. Big Hit couldn't rely on only Yoonki and TXT. It needed a new group to keep fans and views buzzing. A girl group to be exact and they decided that 'as the CEO I had to be the one to handle it.' Bullshit. That's their job not mine! Those stupid executives still look down on me like i'm some intern. This is just a trap to make me look bad in front of others because if this group fails all the blame will be on me. "If she cant even manage a group, how can we trust her to handle a whole company?" The worst part is that I only have 2 months to debut these girls. This was so unfair. I threw an arm over my forehead shielding my eyes from the light hanging from the ceiling which felt like it was burning my sockets. Even that was better than how I felt right now. 

A light knock could be heard but I didn't even bother looking. I closed my eyes hoping that the person had left but then came another knock and a creak of the door opening. I didn't even flinch to see who it was. Just sat there. Silently waiting for them to start their complaint but instead I heard someone clear their throat. "CEO-Nim." My ears twitched hearing that familiar voice. The only voice that wasn't ready to attack me with requests or insults. The voice that belonged to the only person that I had grown to trust. "CEO-nim, are you okay?"  he asked placing a cup in front of me. I sniffed the air expecting to smell my usual coffee which I had requested for but instead smelt something else. My brows furrowed pouting and pointing at the cup. "Yah, Namjoon-ah! What is this?! Where is my coffee?" "I didn't make any. I saw you were stressed so I made you herbal tea instead. It's better than coffee. Your going to get sick from the amount you dunk down each day." he stated as a matter of factly. "Since when do you make decisions about what I do with my body!?" I questioned a little annoyed that he took away my only source of fuel without my consent. "Since I became your secretary." he shot back "Its my job to ensure my boss is healthy, safe and organised. Coffee wasn't helping." "It was" I protested whining. "Please bring it back to me. What do you want? Money? A promotion? I'll even kiss you if that's what you want!" Namjoon, though taken aback by my unconscious offer, looks at me pitifully as he hears the desperate tone of my voice. He pushes the cup closer. "Stop moaning like a little kid and at least try some." He organises the papers into neat piles before dropping another folder unto the table. "This contains all the information about the company's progress and the financial department have requested for you to look over some files and sign. I also put a list of trainees who could be potential candidates for the girl group. I hope that helps a bit." I looked at him astonished. He seemed calm most of the time yet supportive and helpful to others. He really radiated the energy of a leader. Something I felt I lacked in. I could really learn from him and- wait! "This company had trainees and no one told me?!" Namjoon looked equally as confused. "Well, there are a few trainees its just that no one in the public, except their families of course, knows to ensure their safety as most of them are really young. You should get out of your office more often Ari-sii." he bowed grinning before leaving the room. A smile tugged at my cheeks. At least I had an idea of where to start.
Flipping through, I had made a mental note to later find the trainee room and watch them dance, sing .e.tc. but right now my tummy demanded attention. Checking the time on my phone, I had caught a glimpse of my reflection on the screen. I didn't even realise how I had looked. Bags hung under my eyes, skin pale, mascara smudged and hair packed into a loose bun. A total mess. Maybe it was time to get out more and loosen up. This was my company anyway.